• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
I wouldn't like to see something like this ingame, but interesting nonetheless:

"The Fieseler Storch was the last dogfight victim of the western front. Pilot Duanes Francies and his observer, Lieutenant William Martin, of the 5th US Army Division, spotted a Storch circling below them while looking for ground targets in their Piper Cub. Diving on the Storch, the two men opened fire with their Colt .45s and the plane spiraled to the ground. After a short gun battle, Francies and his observer took the two Germans into custody. Lt. Martin was awarded the Air Medal for his part in the fight, but Francies would have to wait until the story was reported in Cornelius Ryan's book "The Last Battle," to finally be awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross. The USAF was 22 years late. Apart from being the last Luftwaffe plane lost in the west, this Storch was also the only enemy plane downed by pistol fire during the war."

Source: http://www.warbirdalley.com/storch.htm

Upvote 0
my only question is whether or not they can be shot down. if not i think it would be a good add to the game for realism. the pilot could alse report to the commander that he is taking fire giving another thing for him to worry about and defend. the spotter being shot at would know where it was coming from and then the commander could alert the ground troops to try and defend the plane from the attack if they are close enough to engage. being shot at(hit) could also cause the spotter to be delayed in his primary mission. evasive action and such.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
About the planes, if both Germans and Russians call in planes at the same time will we see a dogfight above the battlefield? I just want to be sure that we are not going to see rival planes flying over the battlefield, oblivious of each other.

Dodfitgh??

Dodfitgh with bomber or recon planes ?? That s impossible...
Don't dream : if they don t add figtehrs, dodfigth will be impossibles.
It s why i asked if we can see fitgher coming in RO 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: DiedTrying
Upvote 0
Actually the "Storch" can be armed with bombs!

storch.png

Upvote 0