• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad The Field Medic Union (+)

Yo, I'm new to the forums

Yo, I'm new to the forums

Hey guys, I wanted to download a map for kf and it sent me here to the forums so I decided to search a bit. Turns out i found you guys and My main class is medic. ;) So i decided to sign up and post, give my strats and weapon layout. So far I've been excellent at medic and got it to 6 :).

Weapon layout:
1st wave: Mp7, armor
2nd wave: Mp7, armor, Lever action rifle
3rd wave: save up, refill ammo and armor
4th wave: save up, refill ammo and armor
5th wave: save up, refill ammo and armor
6th wave: by the 6th wave with financial help I should be able to buy a m14 and sell my lever action rifle
7th wave: save up, refill ammo and armor
8th wave: save up, refill ammo and armor
9th wave: save up, refill ammo and armor
10th wave: lots of scrakes and fleshpounds so I get the katana for this wave

strategy:
1st wave: heal if necessary, use 9mm, Don't waste ammo: pure headshots
2nd wave: heal, start mowing down zeds
3rd wave: concentrate more on healing less on killing
4th wave: same as 3rd
5th wave: by this time people will need more healing then usual so i try to concentrate even less on killing
6th wave: (get my m14) same as 2nd wave
7th wave: heal
8th wave: do what I can: Heal/kill
9th wave: same as 8th wave
10th wave: same as 8th wave
11th wave: concentrate on healing while unloading into patty(every bit counts:cool:)

See ya guys I'll add my tag and I hope to see more of you on these forums!

MEDIC WOOT!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What Do You think when are 2 medics in a single Team?(Full Team,2 medics)??
i hate it.All the times we loose.XD

As a whole group its ineffective, split into two groups with one medic each and you actually have a good tactic, not only can you then focus on less people, the amount of zeds are split between the two teams and finally you also have a retreat strategy in the event of all hell breaking loose.

Weaponry wise, I prefer the MP7M/Crossbow config, Medics also have the highest survival ability in the event your team is wiped out.
Has anyone also tried throwing their teammates the MP7? Its light enough to combine with the average setup but at the same time is also useful to promote healing teammates saving you some effort.

Upvote 0
Been medic-ing a lot today! Anyone else got tactics?

A tactic I've been using recently is grabbing the MP7 and then using it alongside another class as a 2ndry weapon, It surprisingly works really well with the firebug perk and the flamethrower.
The MP7 has only 3 weight ,so you can use it with most combinations, Scar, AK, Mp7? Crossbow, Mp7? AS12, shotgun, MP7? (depending on the level of support)
The MP7 has only 3 weight, it also has a separate heal meter so it provides a reasonable healing capability without the medic class, of course the downsides are the long healing recharge time, slow healing and the lack of decent body armor but it surprisingly works. Also the medic is on par with the berserkers tanking and speed. So if your tank goes down, file in and help.
I will defiantly advise you to pack the MP7 if you can with any other class if you do decide to change class mid game.
And maybe start up a steam group? Get all the medics together and we can have a game with 6 medics in :D (Or 5 medics and me as commando with an MP7 :D)

Upvote 0
hi new to posting these forums , but i love medic! i was a medic back when we could outrun Flesh Pounds and im still a medic today!

Steam Name : [MB] koltron (+)

my strategies:

-I prefer to be close to my team
-in the first few waves i get the mp7 and mostly just watch the others work, keeping crawlers off of the bereskers backs and spray clots heads to keep them from grabbing anyone.
-by the middle of the game i like to have mp7/ and shotgun or crossbow so im able to hurt the scrakes and husks if i need to
- when the FP comes i try to use my armor to take the damage for the team ( thats only if youve got a strong team to back you up) other wise i just heal the entire team while they take/deal the damage
- when fighting the patty i stay right behind the big damage dealers and keep um fighting

--- also ive found that since medics dont do much damage ive always aimed for the head (i never played sharpshooter class , but as medic i gained all the way to six )
so all in all medic is a fun way to gain lvls in any class

----as a medic , i just wanna say:
-Thank you beresker for running up to that Fp and taking all that damage
-Thank you Demo man for letting that gorefast get to close and still trying to hit it anyway
without those two classes medic would be much less fun :D

Upvote 0
sure i'd like to join

as medic i like to:

1. constantly press F1 to quickly prioritize my teammates (especially when i can't see them)

2. if i see someone getting potentially overwhelmed i'll throw a grenade at their feet EDIT: when FF is off, lol.

3. kill crawlers above anything else

after the mp7 my backup weapon would be a pump shotty. if i get enough money i usually go for some fifty cal fun time

Upvote 0
In case people don't know, the healing on the syringe and med-gun are on different timers. You can alternate between the two to increase your healing potential.

While playing medic, I usually use a crossbow as my secondary. This is because my play style usually involves limited movement, and shooting only when necessary, so I am better able to heal when needed. The crossbow is powerful enough that even when playing Suicidal, my usual preference, you can make a difference. You can kill Sirens, Husks, Bloats in 1 shot, and Scrakes in 2. You can even kill Fleshpounds, something few other weapons with no bonuses can do.

That's exactly my strategy, except on the first wave I just go crazy meleeing things since the medic armor is godlike at the high levels.

Upvote 0
i'm at work now and i cant write a good post but i will defenitively be a part of this union xD

{gogo}Xandos (+)

cya later :)

back from work: I used to play medic with Level Action since its release and i loved that way of playing, but now I use only medic gun and siringe xD, usually i take flamethrower to weaken specimens from distance before they get into battle^^ don't have a specific "rule" for the waves, just keeping a finger on TAB to see "far away lonley wolves in search of glory" hate them xD and usually mainly keeping an eye on others players to be ready to heal them as fast as i can, don't kill much specimen very often, their so cute :p

cya in game all^^

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My brother runs as our medic, but he never gets on the forum, but I was telling about the FMU, so he emailed his strag so I could post

His screen name is running_bait(+)

'I usually give my money to my team mates so they can get their bigs guns first. Then i usually get a grenade launcher for some crowd contorl. For the patty, i usually get a katana and get him to attack me. His physical attack isn't that bad (as a level 6 medic) and he won't shoot his missle of chain gun. If we can i like to trap him so he can't run and heal.'

What he doesn't say is that during the first wave and during shopping time, he gets his ninja speed going and hunts down weapon spawns, and/or the next camp sites. and at the end of the wave while we run to the trader, he is looking for that one Zed that gets stuck

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am a Medic too, i love the feeling when you heal a person and they said "Thanks!" to you.

Tactic? I didn't have much but i will share it.

Playing with the demo in Non-ff server, when i see a FP or scrake i would usually stand still on my teammate's pipebomb, and then lure them to me. *boom* They are die, then continues my way to heal teammate.

Can i join? Name in steam: Eric Fong (+)

Last edited:
Upvote 0