• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Killing fleshpounds consistently with commando perk?

Fish111

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
On solo, or when teammates are dead, what is the best way to go about this?

Typically I carry ak+scar on later waves but I find the only way to kill a FP is to do damage with the scar until he rages, then toss a grenade to scare him backwards, as I run down some corridor to throw him off.

This of course only works after being rinsed and repeated a 2nd time, while shooting all the small stuff off me.

Should I just be carrying an xbow with me instead of an AK?

It seems like the crossbow wouldn't be a great choice, since the sharp does close to double damage with the bow, and it typically takes 1 or 2 bolts to the head to kill a FP.

If you have grenades left it's possible to first spam nades and then use scar to finish the fp. Pipes are very good too but it's pretty much required to play one round as demo to afford them.

The best way is to kite the fp like berserkers generally do. Make sure you never are 10 seconds in it's line of sight or shoot too much to rage it. It can take a long time but it's an easy kill especially if there are few specimens left to block you.

Upvote 0
Players are only just faster than a HoE Fleshpound (excluding Zerkers and Medics), dependent on their health and weight. And the only way you can run fast enough to break its line of sight every 10 seconds is with the Knife. Add to this the fact that a Commando can't take a single hit from an FP unless he has armour.

Possible, but very difficult.

Upvote 0
If you are alone, fp spawn with 1-man worth health, meaning health is the same as solo.

In this case, M32 to the chest 3-4 times he's dead.

If you really need to solo a 6-man fp, two nades, one M32 > rages, two nades + M32 * 5 to any where near him, = dead fp. If used on double pound, you need to make direct hits and finish the second one with half clip of ak. (I personally dont use SCAR anymore)

(what I'm talking is on HoE)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's possible to solo a fleshpound on HoE with commando, just very difficult.

I'd recommend that you take a few shots at the head, wait a couple of seconds, take a few more shots, and so on.

Every so often (10-15 seconds, although leaving it more than 10 seconds is very dangerous since his rage time is random) you need to trigger his attack by getting in close with the knife, and moving out the way just in time. This will cause his rage timer to reset, which is a good alternative to losing line-of-sight if you don't have the speed to do so. Note that dodging his attacks with anything other than medic/berserker is possible, but very hard.

Note that you can survive a hit or two from a non-raged fleshpound as long as you have full health.

Upvote 0
Btw, I would say it is tooooooo risky to try and dodge fp's attack if you are not berserker / medic. Because you are just barely faster then a fleshpound when holding a knife. If you try to dodge, you need to keep doing it. Which makes EVERYTHING catch up. Crawlers, gorefasts, stalkers, you just cannot fight that much zeds with a fleshpound using a knife. (if you use any other weapon, fleshpound will get you)

And 10-15 second is not enough for perks without speed bonus to break line of sight. Just my point of view...

Upvote 0
Btw, I would say it is tooooooo risky to try and dodge fp's attack if you are not berserker / medic. Because you are just barely faster then a fleshpound when holding a knife. If you try to dodge, you need to keep doing it. Which makes EVERYTHING catch up. Crawlers, gorefasts, stalkers, you just cannot fight that much zeds with a fleshpound using a knife. (if you use any other weapon, fleshpound will get you)

And 10-15 second is not enough for perks without speed bonus to break line of sight. Just my point of view...

Like I said, it's very difficult to pull off. I think even a skilled player would have trouble with it half of the time.

Upvote 0