• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Special taunt animations

BenioX

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
Poland
www.youtube.com
I feared making a new thread, but I decided to make one. I always wanted to discuss this and maybe hear some positive words about what I was thinking about: Special taunts. For example: some speciments can voice-taunt. But only Patriarch uses hands when he taunts. Why not add all specimens some taunt animations? So far I noticed only FP, Bloat and Patriarch taunting. Bloat eats something and scratches his... well - but. Patriarch does some weird hand-movemends, and FP "claps", and rages if that even can be counted as taunt. What about after-you-die-taunts? Patriarch only taunts, clots eat you, gorefasts scratch your body with their blades. And that's the main thing I want to discuss - after-you-die taunts.

My ideas:
If Scrake kills you, he should say "I like trousers" and swing your trousers, then put them on.
If Bloat kills you, he takes your head and eats it, then burps or farts.
If stalker kills you, she should go like XXX on your dead body XD
If Siren kills you, she should start singing and dancing on your corpse.
If Husk kills you, he should salute and laugh.

I bet I'd get some troll answers soon enough...

*Edit: I forgot to say I bet ten bucks. I'd buy new shoes.

Last edited:
My ideas:
If Scrake kills you, he should say "I like trousers" and swing your trousers, then put them on.
If Bloat kills you, he takes your head and eats it, then burps or farts.
If stalker kills you, she should go like XXX on your dead body XD
If Siren kills you, she should start singing and dancing on your corpse.
If Husk kills you, he should salute and laugh.

I...don't even know what to say to this.

Upvote 0
No BenioX, you are the trolls.
Now THAT was reaaaly mature :rolleyes:

As for your idea, it requires so much work for adding so little to the game, I don't even know where to begin with this.
You tried that?

You don't even see your body for long enough after you die right now to even notice any of this.

I notice Patriarch taunting when team dies. That's the point :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
As if the reason wasn't glaringly obvious enough, I'll take a shot at pointing it out to you.

Tripwire is busy. The update in development is being done in their spare time and very well could be the last one we see. This would require work; more work than is necessary for something purely aesthetic and honestly kind of stupid. A Scrake stealing your trousers and wearing them? Really?

I've never seen anyone express a desire for taunts nor have I ever thought to myself "hey, you know what KF could use? Specimen taunts." It's just completely ridiculous and not worth the effort that would be required.

Reactions: SMIFF
Upvote 0
Tripwire is busy. The update in development is being done in their spare time and very well could be the last one we see. This would require work; more work than is necessary for something purely aesthetic and honestly kind of stupid.

I didn't think of that. Actually, I thought animations are not hard since they already got the models. What is the actual problem on making such animations? And well, I didn't even think of TWI making it but random people, even maybe me, just for fun. But yeah, now I see this point of view.

I've never seen anyone express a desire for taunts nor have I ever thought to myself "hey, you know what KF could use? Specimen taunts." It's just completely ridiculous and not worth the effort that would be required.
As well you could remove Patriarch taunts. Taunts aren't really neccecary, yes, but would be a little nice add. I know, it's still Survival-Horror, but as ADD wouldn't be that bad. Like Resident Evil maps or any mutators - could be made just for fun. And that you don't like taunts or never bothered with it, doesn't mean others don't like taunts. But I accept your opinions :)
For example my friend - he always complains on how little specimen talk, that they just repeat themselves three times in row or more sometimes, like Stalkers saying "come on, give us a kiss!" six times in 2 seconds. And that's actually what I want to discuss - their voice taunts, movement-taunts and overall this kind of fun. Maybe modding progress, maybe someone wants to work on this. That is what I want from this thread - simple talk about it. No insults.

Upvote 0