• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

BF3 vs RO2

You can't compare the games really because they're both doing different things.

They're also both quite flawed.

BF3 has some big problems with the UI design and function (more so than Ro2), it's pretty but it's rather painful to use. The good squad management system that was in BF2/Bad Company 2 has been ripped out and shat upon from a great height.
There's also some class balance issues (Recon is near useless) and some weapon issues, some guns obviously OP while pistols generally far too weak.

Origin and Battlelog are rubbish. Oh dear god it's rubbish.

The maps unfortunately suffer from consolitus and the Rush maps in particular have objectives far too close to each other, nullifying any tactical opportunity and turning into a fragfest. I suspect the BF2 maps being added with the Return to Karkland DLC will turn out to be the best maps in the game.

Saying that though, BF3's core mechanics are actually fun, and it could be a great game with tweaks.

The thing is, I can do a somewhat similar list for Ro2 and pick faults, but for all its flaws I know TWI will at least look at them and have a crack at fixing them. Sadly I can't say the same for BF3 based on DICE's past conduct.

TL;DR: Both Ro2 and BF3 are flawed. Ro2 won't be in 6-12 months time whereas BF3 will probably always be broken. In the long term, I think RO2 will be the better game.

Edit:Whoever mentioned the graphics earlier: On my system Ro2 looks quite bad, BF3 looks much prettier although they both run about the same speed fps-wise. I suspect that's down to a business issue though, Dice being able to afford to hire experienced people to exclusively work on optimisation.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoxNoctum
Upvote 0
Well I simply just wanted those who frequent here to see BF3 for what it is. Thus my 10 minutes of play just for the fun of it. Also pointing out that both games are flawed.

I also wanted to point out to the complainers of RO2 and their stating that everyone has gone to BF3 or will be going to MW whatever version. Thus the reason I stated I read Ramm's State of the Game Thread.

I know you can't really compare the two games bullet for bullet, but I think I got the point across and I agree with those who've posted their opinions here. I know I didn't get too in depth with my VS post but I knew others would add their opinions and it would get everyone's points across.

We all have our own opinions and that's why we have a forum, but after all is said and done, I see myself hoping TWI gets these bugs and fixes out and that RO2 will be as enjoyable as RO1 has been for me over several years and hope to be playing RO2 for many years to come. We all know that the MOD community and Map Makers will be doing some incredible things in the near future and that TWI will be adding their parts as well and with that said we can only benefit from all their hard work.

For the person asking about the CLOWNS server we NO longer have an RO1 or DH server. We do have a RO2 server and we hope to also have it full like the old days with all our regulars and maybe even some new ones. So for teamwork, skilled and mature play come join us over at the CLOWNS HEROES SERVER.

If there are no humans to join you feel free to enjoy practicing against the bots until the humans help you fill it up.

See you all on the battlefield.

Last edited:
Reactions: Echo Black
Upvote 0
OMG Battlefield 3 is the greatest Rush Bull****. Its lame.... and yes, I've played it. 30 Mins of Fun thats all. Battlefield Sound is ok and ilke it, but the graphics is not that great. RO2 has more "DEEPFEELING" and the better Gameplay.

Hoooha

Riiiiiiight... - YouTube

Seems I failed with the Youtube for a second there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1.) Spawn
2.) Run down street using cover only to be fragged from who knows where.
3.) Spawn
4.) Run down the street always in cover and playing RO style not just blatantly charging only to be killed by a tank that I never even saw.
5.) Spawn
6.) Run down the street again ditching into an alley and moving slowly to see this tank or any enemy for that matter - only to be sniped from well who knows where again.
7.) Spawn
8.) Run down street trying new tactics, well needless to say from across the map an RPG blew myself and 4 other guys to bits.
9.) Spawn
10.) Run down the street - throw a frag just for the hell of it while just shooting aimlessly down the street only to find that Eureka I got 3 kills.

Have you played RO2 at all? The death-spawn cycle is definitely shorter than BF3.

Upvote 0
nice one..

but really your team need to really SUCK to get owned like this from a running mg'er (in the video almost no one even shot him..)

I blame the sound design for the obliviousness of the enemy team. All of the rapid fire guns have very "muffled" sound effects. Compare the gun sounds of Ro2 with the gun sounds of Ostfront.
Red Orchestra Gameplay (custom map) - YouTube

Upvote 0
This is a rather dishonest view of how battlefield 3 actually is....There are more bad points but the whole "Run and gun" thing isn't true. And it isn't true because of faulty hit detection.

Basically, Any time you turn a corner. It's going to be a random throw of the dice whether you kill the one player around the corner or not. Regardless of you firing first, regardless of firing even before you go around the corner. Regardless of how many bullets you put into them.

Even so...the game can be vastly more thrilling than Ro2 and it's easier to group up with friends. The main issue I find with Ro2 is there is literally no 64 player countdown server where only the tiniest amount of actual firefights occur. And it's the only place where Teamwork actually seems to be important.

Reactions: =GG= Mr Moe
Upvote 0
nice one..

but really your team needs to really SUCK to get owned like this from a running mg'er (in the video almost no one even shot him..)

Yup. Nothing wrong with the video really. It's nice that we have games like that. Doesn't mean it sucks because you can do that. I'd choose that over sitting behind a wall I can shot behind and not seeing anyone ever because everyone is too scared to pop their finger out of a window anyday!

Reactions: Grobut
Upvote 0