• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Enemy weapon loadout

Well truth be told even though I appretiate the type of German weaponry that was used in the times of real war since I play with Russians exclusively I made a promise to myself to only use Russinan weapons. I have a few kills and levels on Kar98 and Scoped Kar98 but thats because I picked them up as mementos after my kills but even when I get my enemy load outs (for some reason as a Hero class I do not see them on my list) I, for one, will not use them.

Upvote 0
This really needs to go. It's been days since I have seen a DP-28. All allied machinegunners choose mg-34 now.

Some are still true to DP28 alot of players on my end are using that gun even post Veteran status. Although I'll be honest I picked up a level 50 MG34 yesterday and tried "rambo" tactic and I can definately see why players do it. However those true to their roots still stick with their respective loadout.

Upvote 0
Some are still true to DP28 alot of players on my end are using that gun even post Veteran status. Although I'll be honest I picked up a level 50 MG34 yesterday and tried "rambo" tactic and I can definately see why players do it. However those true to their roots still stick with their respective loadout.

Level 50 MG-34 is better w/o rambo tactics the need to almost never reload means you can't miss kills/be killed while reloading. It destroys on a map like fallen fighters, I can often rack up 40-50 kills a round with an average kill range of 175m-225m even if I'm playing with a poor ping (200ms+), although its easier to get more with lower pings.

I doubt you'd get that much ramboing. Ramboing is more for the offensive mg.

Upvote 0
Or you could just give the DP-28 a reason to exist in this game since the MG34 gets a drum and then a belt feed. If I run Axis, which I normally do, I use a MG34. If I get shafted and have to use the Russians then I use a MG34. There isn't really much of a reason to use a DP-28 if there are no upgrades for the gun not to mention it's horrid recoil.

Upvote 0
Level 50 MG-34 is better w/o rambo tactics the need to almost never reload means you can't miss kills/be killed while reloading. It destroys on a map like fallen fighters, I can often rack up 40-50 kills a round with an average kill range of 175m-225m even if I'm playing with a poor ping (200ms+), although its easier to get more with lower pings.

I doubt you'd get that much ramboing. Ramboing is more for the offensive mg.

Me and my clan run a 10 man server so things can get quite tactical on the weekends and I usually end up perched in various locations throughout a level. Your analysis is correct on the 250 feed as I rarely reload and barrel overheat rarely happens unless I get a situation where all 5 charge my position and then a force respawn and it happens again. That situation has only happened once however.

Upvote 0
What's realism got to do with anything?

ROHOS is set in a alternate reality where MKB/G41 are widespread, LMG teams are one man (and more efficient for it). The Soviets, realising their error in making a simpler and more portable magazine-fed machine gun, copied the MG34 (and other German kit) and called it something suitably Russian like 'babuska'. This was while they weren't charging to their deaths or being shot by their officers, of course.

I'm treating ROHOS more like a tool box for talented modders than a game at the moment.

Upvote 0
I agree that enemy weapon loadout should go or at least be reduced to 1 hero per team. Every russian MG is a MG-34 now it seems and I see many ramboing with it using it like a SMG. It also annoys me often because by the sound I think it is a german firing and then I find myself walking into his fire.

Yes you can pick up enemy weapons and I like nothing better than sneaking behind enemy lines and pick up an enemy weapon so that it is harder to detect me. At the moment this only creates confusion and adds nothing to gameplay or immersion whatsoever. So what is the point of it again? To be like COD? I think we all know now that this is not want here. Scrap it TWI please or keep it to a minimum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just played Comissars house and the Axis were running about like Duke Nukem with more ppsh than the allies.. This game has so many simple ideas installed that are fail and could easily be corrected.

Its no good Ramm being clever and saying we can customize it and use unranked servers when the player base is so low. Otherwise it will be 2 people playing on an unranked server against 62 bots as the majority of people only play on ranked servers.

Upvote 0