• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
I'm having the same problem. I even tried a work around by choosing the player start actor from the actor browser (its nested under NavigationPoint) and then insert it. No luck.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Anyone solve it yet?

Edit - A work around that works: copy and paste the player start actor from another map. I really hope other people are having problems with this, otherwise I feel really dumb.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
you must have a small enough grid setting to place start points, otherwise they will either be inside geomatry or refuse to spawn at all (because they are too far from the ground)

Inorder to USE the spawn points they most likely need to be set up with spawn managers or whatever the RO:O version of spawn managers are called.

Upvote 0
revolutioN said:
when i playtest my map i just go into a camera mode and cant spawn as a proper player. how do i fix this?

This is usually a sign your spawn areas aren't configured properly. Check:

1. Check that you have player starts associated with each spawn area.
2. Check that the ROLevelInfo actor has useSpawnAreas set to true.
3. Check that the tag in the player starts are the same as the spawn area actors.
4. Have you added roles?

If there's still a problem, pm me.

Upvote 0
DingBat said:
This is usually a sign your spawn areas aren't configured properly. Check:

1. Check that you have player starts associated with each spawn area.
2. Check that the ROLevelInfo actor has useSpawnAreas set to true.
3. Check that the tag in the player starts are the same as the spawn area actors.
4. Have you added roles?

If there's still a problem, pm me.

thx dingbat i didnt even know bout all that :/
luv ur tutorial tho

Upvote 0