Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS General > General Discussion

Old 05-13-2014, 01:55 PM

Default Red Orchestra / Rising Storm The Endless Fun!!!

I have been playing Red Orchestra since '09. The Eastern Front is just jaw dropping with its scale of destruction and suffering. I have been studying it for almost 15yrs now. No other 1st person shooter can replicate the Ost Front like RO. Since RO2 came out I pubbed it up like a sonofab up until a yr ago. In that time I also played a lot of Countdown(Gods gift to the World!) and a bit of Capture the Flag (Thanx Thor). Over the past year and a bit I mainly played Countdown once a week and that was it for my gaming. Then all of a sudden we have half-tracks, Search & Destroy and a bunch of new players that are pretty freakin kool! The past 2 weeks I have been pubbing again and let me tell ya its been a hoot. The best RO1 server is running hard TWB Old Glory!(We had sBc Disney Princess Night on it lastnight and I won best dressed as Cinderella!!!) Then ya got TWB Deliverance campaign server bringing hardcore pubbing with a kick of adrenaline! They say movie sequels are never as good as the original but !@#$ thank God this isnt a movie!!! There is so much more opportunity in RO2 to mix it up and never get bored enough to ever leave!

My one complaint worth bringing up is....................... Someone working for TWI needs to put the time in and update the old Custom maps that the mapmakers left a yr or so ago. We need Univermag TE and CD. Come on TWI it will be worth the staff salary to do it(which wouldn't even be a 40hr job). There are so many Custom maps that are just sitting there that just need a quick update(which I dunno how to do) to get them server ready. Come on TWI if you do it I will send ya a nice X-mas card in the mail!

There has to be atleast 15-20 maps that just needs someone to update to coincide with the game update.. I would believe.

Last edited by easton1234; 05-13-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:32 AM

Sounds like you're enjoying RO2, haha! Have you tried the Immersion Overhaul Mod? I think you might like it.

P.S. It has molotovs too.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:57 AM

Don't worry about the custom maps being updated. Work has been in progress since the update. We already have about eight of them in operation at Crucible.
TWI needn't be involved. The map's creators are gradually getting them re-brewed. If you'll just take a few minutes to see what's going on in the beta map section of this forum you can see which have been re-brewed and actually download them for your client.
Old 05-14-2014, 02:14 PM

The Crucible had some busy times during the stormy days when the game was free and the week after. Now all is back to normal and 90% of the players hides in Appartments or Spartanovka. Unfortunatly the Crucible and other custom mapservers with all these beautyfull maps get ignored and these maps are left on the battlefields until their stinking corpses are totally eaten by the maggots of time.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Sajer View Post

Don't worry about the custom maps being updated. Work has been in progress since the update. We already have about eight of them in operation at Crucible.
TWI needn't be involved. The map's creators are gradually getting them re-brewed. If you'll just take a few minutes to see what's going on in the beta map section of this forum you can see which have been re-brewed and actually download them for your client.
I am heading there now to check it out Bro! Thx.. God I love Univermag.
I remember when Butovo and cold Steel came out. It was so awesome.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easton1234 View Post
I have been playing Red Orchestra since '09. The Eastern Front is just jaw dropping with its scale of destruction and suffering. I have been studying it for almost 15yrs now. No other 1st person shooter can replicate the Ost Front like RO. Since RO2 came out I pubbed it up like a sonofab up until a yr ago. In that time I also played a lot of Countdown(Gods gift to the World!) and a bit of Capture the Flag (Thanx Thor). Over the past year and a bit I mainly played Countdown once a week and that was it for my gaming. Then all of a sudden we have half-tracks, Search & Destroy and a bunch of new players that are pretty freakin kool! The past 2 weeks I have been pubbing again and let me tell ya its been a hoot. The best RO1 server is running hard TWB Old Glory!(We had sBc Disney Princess Night on it lastnight and I won best dressed as Cinderella!!!) Then ya got TWB Deliverance campaign server bringing hardcore pubbing with a kick of adrenaline! They say movie sequels are never as good as the original but !@#$ thank God this isnt a movie!!! There is so much more opportunity in RO2 to mix it up and never get bored enough to ever leave!

My one complaint worth bringing up is....................... Someone working for TWI needs to put the time in and update the old Custom maps that the mapmakers left a yr or so ago. We need Univermag TE and CD. Come on TWI it will be worth the staff salary to do it(which wouldn't even be a 40hr job). There are so many Custom maps that are just sitting there that just need a quick update(which I dunno how to do) to get them server ready. Come on TWI if you do it I will send ya a nice X-mas card in the mail!

There has to be atleast 15-20 maps that just needs someone to update to coincide with the game update.. I would believe.
Easton,
RO 2 is great ! I am not talking ONLY for countdown, but in all these gametypes (realism, coutndown and firefight), it's an interesting game.

YES !
Give us Univermag ! and nice maps of contest phase.
Univermag and Butovo.

And maybe open an NEW CONTEST MAPPACK PHASE !

More maps for RO 2 ! (it's my feeling)
(And I hope more COMBINED maps ! )

Combined maps are needed. But give us close combat map already created inside the contest mappack phase, please.
Go in He.l with your game. RO 2 will end Festung Europa.
"My Way ? ...Stalingrad !"

Last edited by ro2player; 05-19-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro2player View Post
More maps for RO 2 ! (it's my feeling)
(And I hope more COMBINED maps ! )
Do this

Open Steam go the menu on top. Choose "view" than pick "servers".
You probably want to filter for Red Orchestra 2.

Down right corner click "Refresh all" Top menu 2th from right click "map"
Look for a server running a custom map. You won't find any.

Last edited by Drecks; 05-18-2014 at 04:27 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:14 PM

Most times you do not, but sometimes you do.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:47 AM

Climb Up
Kavkaz
Silent Hill
Stalag 13
Kitajima
Stream

Available on Fr - Communauté Francaise - RO2/RS/CUSTOM

Looking forward Univermag/Ogledow/Butovo...
Old 05-19-2014, 04:18 AM

I miss Univermag !!!!! Such a awesome awesome map !!