• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

System Requirements

Arma 2 fails so hard in optimization its ridiculous..
I think Bohemia should start over with a new engine, it feels like that engine has become a complete cluster ****.

Agreed. ArmAII feels like a ArmAI rehash with same issues, but with slightly better visuals and minor improvements here and there. ArmAII isn't a bad game, but if there is going to be a ArmA sequel sometime, it would be great if Bohemia built a new stable engine.

And I doubt RO2 would be badly optimized or a performance hog.

Upvote 0
But, of course. :eek:
35n30ix.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm expecting something close to how well we can optimize it. We do some pretty neat stuff that requires both GPU and CPU. So we definitely stand above UT 3. As I've stated, we are looking at min of dual core (we aren't final on speed yet however), and SM 3 video card right now.

I'm hoping for some nice particle fx! :IS2:

Upvote 0
I'm expecting something close to how well we can optimize it. We do some pretty neat stuff that requires both GPU and CPU. So we definitely stand above UT 3. As I've stated, we are looking at min of dual core (we aren't final on speed yet however), and SM 3 video card right now.

So my good ol' Pentium4 will need an update then. :p

Upvote 0

just give us options to make it ugly and still run a smooth 60fps on minimum specs.

e6850 (3.0ghz)
8800GTS 512
4Gig Ram

Upvote 0
are we still not allowed to talk about system specs? i just upgraded my pc and i don't have all day to search and read through every thread, most of which are locked..

anyway, for what it's worth, i have a..

phenom ii x4 955 black ed @3.2ghz
geforce gtx 460 se 1gb
8gb ram

i was trying to use RO2 as my benchmark.. hopefully my new rig will run it good, seeing as how bad co. 2 and cod mw2 run like a dream maxed out!! has tripwire officially listed the sys specs? i looked here.. http://www.heroesofstalingrad.com/faq/ and saw nothing OFFICIAL on the main site at all. you'd think the sys specs would be a frequently asked question :rolleyes:..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't wait to see how well my pc will run the Beta...

normally i go with 1900x1200 max.. and if my frame rate is too low time for new graphic card, get new CPU cooler > OC the CPU, more ram and.. that's about it !

my specs:
CPU: Intel Intel Core i7 920 2.666 Mhz
CPU cooler: Stock
Bundkort: Intel Desktop Board DX58SO - bundkort - ATX - iX58
RAM: Corsair XMS3 DHX ?, 4096 mb (2x2 GB)
Grafikkort: 3D Club ATI 4870 1gb OC
Harddisk: WD Caviar Black - 750 3.5 SATA II 640 GB

Upvote 0
I can't wait to see how well my pc will run the Beta...

normally i go with 1900x1200 max.. and if my frame rate is too low time for new graphic card, get new CPU cooler > OC the CPU, more ram and.. that's about it !

my specs:
CPU: Intel Intel Core i7 920 2.666 Mhz
CPU cooler: Stock
Bundkort: Intel Desktop Board DX58SO - bundkort - ATX - iX58
RAM: Corsair XMS3 DHX ?, 4096 mb (2x2 GB)
Grafikkort: 3D Club ATI 4870 1gb OC
Harddisk: WD Caviar Black - 750 3.5 SATA II 640 GB

damn man, nice.. i'm poor folk i guess!

Upvote 0
doesn't every new user to RO2 know that they need to go to the heroesofstalingrad website.. skip the FAQ cause it wouldn't be there, silly! instead, click the link to the red orchestra 2: heroes of stalingrad forums. then, once there go to the support forum, not the general forum (obviously) in which, it's the sole sticky. ya easy.. now most people know that forum posters like to get angry with people who don't search the entire forum with all the right keywords and don't spend all their time reading all the threads. not to mention, you have to read the rules of the forum before you go typing some dumb question.. how about just throwing it in the FAQ section with a link to a place to discuss it so we can avoid acting like a bunch of internet elitists?

here's another thread to ask questions before this one gets locked! http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=49829

Last edited:
Upvote 0