• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code [Help] How to port weapons from a game like UT2004?

Ok I have done this and made my own packages to support this. How do I make the weapon use the specific animations? Are they automatically fit to the file needed for the staticmesh?

Im sorry for all the recent help asking but im really interested and I would love to start making weapons, mutators, mods etc. I've always wanted to be capable of doing this for so long now :) Im really greatful for all the help so far :D

Upvote 0
Right I have noticed that my StaticMesh is different from Mesh. How can I get the Mesh of the gun? I have ported my StaticMesh with the animations to it but...no custom Mesh can be made as it's not a .ase or .lwo. This is needed right? :confused:

No you just need to copy the .ukx files, staticmesh means no moving and **** thats for like the weapon pickup, animated dynamic mesh means its moving and thats the 3rd and 1st person weapon model.

Upvote 0
Read my animation compatability issue fix somewhere above this post, you'll need a hexadecimal editor.

Done that and now my animations work. Just to tell you what i've been doing is I have tried doing the P90 like I think you did YoYoBatty just so that my porting showed that it worked (testing purposes).
I come back to your problems you had which was when you scope, it aims off the screen. I tried playing around with some settings to try fix this but I can't win...I either have the gun off the screen OR the scoping off the screen. Do you know how to fix this by any chance?

Upvote 0
Done that and now my animations work. Just to tell you what i've been doing is I have tried doing the P90 like I think you did YoYoBatty just so that my porting showed that it worked (testing purposes).
I come back to your problems you had which was when you scope, it aims off the screen. I tried playing around with some settings to try fix this but I can't win...I either have the gun off the screen OR the scoping off the screen. Do you know how to fix this by any chance?

Your not allowed to port any weapons that are custom to UT2004 as most of them are copyrighted, especially the pack that contains the P90 and all related ones, however you are allowed to port UT2004 weapons.

Upvote 0
Your not allowed to port any weapons that are custom to UT2004 as most of them are copyrighted, especially the pack that contains the P90 and all related ones, however you are allowed to port UT2004 weapons.

hmmm so what makes it ok for you to port the P90 or is he talking about a different version.

Tip!

Track down the creators of the mod and ask their permission, 99% of the time, they will be happy to let you use them, It's just common courtesy to ask first, so dont take YoYo's word as gospel.

Upvote 0
hmmm so what makes it ok for you to port the P90 or is he talking about a different version.

Tip!

Track down the creators of the mod and ask their permission, 99% of the time, they will be happy to let you use them, It's just common courtesy to ask first, so dont take YoYo's word as gospel.

No it wasn't okay for me to port it, that was a long time ago when I didn't know about the copyrights and such, your arguement is irrelevant.

Reactions: Gooblaster
Upvote 0

I was doing this for test purposes for now and not releasing anything at all. I would then ask for permission if I was to carry this on as I know from your thing before.

I didn't mean to kick off a fuss at all, like I said before, test purposes.

Upvote 0