• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Levels 7-11

raven191

Dec 15, 2010
I don't think this idea has been suggested before/lately, so I'll just dive right into it.

Most of us here are past level 6. I mean way past. So I'm proposing that they add levels 7-11. These levels would NOT add any sort of stats or damage or anything. They would purely be for show of how skilled/how long you've grinded on that perk. That way it would give all of us veterans who have over 20 million shotgun damage a way to show off how much we've played by showing us as level 8 or whatever.

Since these are for show only, I think the requirements for each level should be ridiculously spaced out, but that's just my opinion. For example, just for damage classes....

Level 7: 12 million
Level 8: 20 million
Level 9: 30 million
Level 10: 45 million
Level 11: 65 million

Again, these are just suggestions for the damage, they can be changed. Anyway, once again these wouldn't give any sort of stats at all, just for show. And level 11 would be sort of a platinum silver icon with 1 star next to it. Or they could make level 6-10 have a silver icon and change the gold to level 11. Doesn't matter to me.

Reactions: slavek
You cant really "show off" with this. If you pay more attention to the player's profile, you can find many of the get all 6lvs and only played for 50 or so hours.

As soon as level 7 and so on is out, there will be a bunch of 20lvs, 30lvs or whatever max level is.

I agree, my friend has 65m berserker damage. . . He would max out as soon as it is out.

None the less putting out a 7 or 8 would rock!! Even if the perk changes very little and we still get the level, that would rock. If the perk changes made it better the player would become more less killable and so strong.

Upvote 0
What you really want is a way to say, "No, you're wrong/crappy. I'm a level 11." There is no need to show off.

At least once a player level 6 then they will not be worried about leveling and might try out some of the mod and muts from the community that are not whitelisted. Very few players (though a decent number on these forums) even get their perks up to level 5, about 1:10 if you go by the fact that most regular players will get the 10,000 specimen achievement. So this is not even an issue that needs being addressed. And invariably there will be people who cheat to get the levels because the requirements are absurd to get in a reasonable amount of time.

Upvote 0
I see the title of this thread, which remind me of this.
7-11-store-front.jpg

Upvote 0
I disagree. For me more levels would mean KF slips into WoW grindtastic territory. It's already long enough so that reaching it feels like a big achievement, any more levels just makes it redundant and frustrating for me.

I prefer to let my skill as a player do the talking instead of how much time I have spent mindlessly kill whoring over and over again.

6 is fine by me, all I'd like to see is removal of that damned star and jsut have the gold logo on its tod.

Reactions: dogbadger
Upvote 0
My Commando damage is approaching "level 11." Jesus that's sad.

No, it just means that we are the Michael Jordans of KF. Same kind of thing, I love seeing people that are really good at anything, harmonica playing, a really good driver, or whatever. I really don't care for sports other than PC Gaming and the occasional basketball game, but I can watch someone who is very good at something, even if it is something I do not care for. I saw a guy on youtube who was really good with the accordion, I don't care for it, but it was cool to watch.

I saw a youtube video of this old man dinging gongs at 100 yards with a Glock 26. I mean, every time he fired he hit one. For those who don't know guns, that is a small pistol meant for concealed carry, and generally meant to be used at 10 yards or less.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd personally not want any levels higher than L6.

Having said that, i'll enjoy the custom perks mutator someone made where the maximum level is 20.

But that's a mod, and it's more for fun than anything.

For the main game, L6 is fine. If the stats keep scaling at the same rate, L7-11 would be massively overpowered. Anything below HoE would be laughably easy, and HoE would be like Normal.

But then there's the other way of approaching many levels of perks.

Having each level give ~1% instead of 5%. These levels would be superficial, as five levels with this equals one regular level.

And with higher levels, people would be demanding/asking for Tier 3 weaponry to spawn with; and Tier 4+.

So i can't really say yes to L7+ as a standard feature of Killing Floor, with my logic.

Reactions: BenioX and Noboty
Upvote 0
Having said that, i'll enjoy the custom perks mutator someone made where the maximum level is 20.
I'd be glad if it got to be official and servers could have one of the 2 perk-systems. Depends on what version server owner chooses. But I actually think some perks lvl up too fast there, and some too slow. Needs some work on it. And plumber together with Sharpshooter should really change alot as well, cuz they lvl up way too slow.

Upvote 0
how skilled/how long you've grinded on that perk

It only tells how long youve grinded, not your skill. A player with 20 hours playtime could be way more useful than a player with 200 hours, depends on the person and his playing style. Theres a lot of people out there who play the game solely for fun, have countless of hours of playtime but are still useless on higher difficulties :p

Anyway rather useless feature, if they were to add new levels they should at least take some time adding some new rewards for them, wether they are purely cosmetic or something else. Of course we dont want the puff the perk stats in any way but theres always SOMETHING you can reward players with to make it feel like worth getting.

Upvote 0