• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design [MAP] WIP : Ishimura

killingfloor20091028143.jpg

This is an old pic , just thought i would shove it up for progression , its a show of the scale for the spawn point , the tram station , dont worry about the master chief , its just a reference model i use when doing maps for Halo , it has to be 1.5 times bigger for Unreal so i just scale it up and then do the scaling for the rest in unreal , i almost have all the tram station done , i`ll post more when i get that done , then will move onto the rest of the level.

Upvote 0
obviously betas a while off , i keep going over various extras layout wise in my head , but first step is to get the tram station looking perfect which should not be far off , then i need to move onto the corridor that connects it to the security station , then from there its onto the various sections connecting to that security hub like the morgue and such ...

Upvote 0
Two things:

1. This map looks fantastic so far. Good work.

2. As someone mentioned above, maps that are heavy on brushes and BSP tend to either be laggy, or perform poorly otherwise. Using a lot of static meshes for fixtures, on the other hand, improves these aspects drastically. If you're only using BSP and brushes, you might consider converting some of it to meshes if you've got the time.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replys so far everyone , just to let you know things are back on track , and you`ll also be happy to know that i have ended up using statics for most of the level stuff now , just need to get the custom collision right and then we are go , its a neat mix between statics and brushes , that allows for great lighting , and obviously im gonna have portals into help , i should be completely finished with the tram station (spawn) soon , once i have done that , its onto the corridor connecting it to the security point :)

Upvote 0
Ok i sorted it out , but now i have another my models are all brushes ,
Select all the brushes that are part of the modle.
Move them to a seprate part of the map.
Take the Brush tool, (red Square) and make the box cover the entire object (top and sides)
Click Intersect.
Move the brush tool away from the object a bit, (its now in the shape of your custom mesh (brush)
Right Click> Convert> Static Mesh

Package: MyLevel
Group: YourMom
Name: MeshGroup1

There you go, its now into the Mylevel Tab in the mesh window.

Upvote 0
hey

hey

First off. Looks awesome. I envy your talent. Did you go to school to learn this? If so where? Curious for personal gains. This old man is back in school and thinking towards the future of what school for Bachelors.

Keep up the good work. I hope you can get it finished before the game dies. LOL. :p

A little sarcasm never hurt anyone. Unless its negative.

Upvote 0