Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS General > Ideas and Suggestions

Old 04-04-2014, 07:31 AM
On Vacation

Default Short memories

How many played 'Darkest Hour' with the US M-3 Halftrack and the German SdKfz-251 Halftrack and how 'brittle' they were even in the face of just infantry let alone a tank. Spraying them with MG fire kills the 'exposed' MG gunner even behind the gun shield on the 251 pretty easily, and then as the enemy dismounts you can have a field day spraying them down as few try to run right up on you to dismount instead of dismounting from a covered position, and using the vehicle MG as a support weapon for the advancing dismounts.

I see a very similar potential in RO2 as those of us who remember how to effectively counter APC's will teach others and soon the 'unbalanced' arguments will start again. The UC in DH as well as even back in Mare Nostrum was pretty ineffective as well.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:54 AM

totally agree with you here, i think "balancing" the SdKfZ with a bren carrier is not understandable to me...i mean the US M-3 Halftrack would have been the better choice or a russian apc (dont have a model name in mind).

I have not followed the map discussion so far, are there any maps which will fit this kind of warfare ?
Old 04-04-2014, 10:03 AM
On Vacation

None that I see, as they are all to 'closed in' and short ranged between caps and spawn points, seldom more than 150m apart. If you like fighting in a 'bowl' now with mobile machine gun 'bunkers' maybe you will like RO2 with APC's till experienced players rip them apart, and then the crying why doesn't this work like I hoped, starts, this is soooo unbalanced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
totally agree with you here, i think "balancing" the SdKfZ with a bren carrier is not understandable to me...i mean the US M-3 Halftrack would have been the better choice or a russian apc (dont have a model name in mind).

I have not followed the map discussion so far, are there any maps which will fit this kind of warfare ?
Old 04-04-2014, 10:36 AM

i used to be a dab hand at getting a grenade into a carrier, it used to make me smile.

but also we often used it as a battle bus. get to the action and the get hell outta it and hit the nearest bit of cover or dirt, screw the carrier once your out its a gonna burn dont bother trying to save it.

and since theres gonna be AT rifles all over the show i wouldnt dream of stayin in em once im within 80m of a cap.