• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Buying RO2:HOS in UK, activating in Germany

Our understanding is that you will be issued a different license depending one where you buy the game (by IP address). Basically, if the game is sold to someone we know is in Germany, we/Steam need to abide by USK's rules. If you live (IP) outside Germany, we/Steam will sell you a non-German/USK version.

How is it handled if I buy the boxed version in UK or US?

Will the game still be castrated by the installing / adding to steam?:confused:

Upvote 0
So guys, I've read now through all your concerns but I don't find my necessary answer here. Can you please answer the following:

I preordered the box version from UK, I'm currently situated in Germany. I've got an English (UK) steam account. What will happen if I install my UK purchased copy of RO2?
a) Will it tell me that the key code is illegal/wrong?
b) Will it install the game and I will have a cut version?
c) Will it install the game and I will have an uncut version?

Can I have a friend of mine activating the game with the key code who does not reside in Germany or else cutting countries?

Thank you guys! :)

Upvote 0
Actually all RO:O games are censored now, even those who were bought outside of Germany, when you launch the game from a German IP. Is this a definite exception since it does not happen with KF?
Long storey I can't be bothered to repeat... but don't worry, the same thing won't happen with RO2. For RO2 the only thing that matters is your IP when you BUY the game.

Reactions: Bashenka
Upvote 0
What happens if you gift someone a copy from an account with RO1 on it while the recipient does not have it on his account? Will he still get assault badge and bayonet?

Nope, when you install/start RO2 it will check for RO1, so if it is not registered on his account, it will not be detected.

However the 20% he will get, because at the moment of purchase you do have RO1 registered.

Upvote 0