• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

20 - 30 FPS with EVERYTHING on low.

(I have not read all the posts in this thread)

I have a lot better specs than the OP, but my FPS was still all over the place and changing the settings in the in-game menus didnt do much. If anything, the FPS would only be worse if I lowered the graphic settings.

However, by config tweaking I managed to get a stable 70-100 fps with Ultra set in-game. It runs smooth and it is still looking awesome so im really enjoying it.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2094647

I hope this helps anyone in this thread. It shouldnt matter if your specs are good or bad it should still give you a great FPS boost.

Upvote 0
Edit: I dont seem to be able to go back to 32 channels. It always goes back to 8 now. So my sound is always messed up .. So much for tweaking.

You can go back to the same file and re-edit the file it will take you back up - try going to 16 I found this to be a happy medium. As I state in my other post you can play with the Video settings after changing the Sound in the file and you can run from the console by using ~ then type stat fps - when you change the settings some video settings make you have to restart the game others don't but when you go back out to the menu you'll see what kind of FPS you are getting and tweak accordingly. Setting to HIGH and removing the framesmoothing and 1 frame lag, I also always uncheck bloom. You should see very high FPS in menu and should get half that in game.

Upvote 0
You can go back to the same file and re-edit the file it will take you back up - try going to 16 I found this to be a happy medium. As I state in my other post you can play with the Video settings after changing the Sound in the file and you can run from the console by using ~ then type stat fps - when you change the settings some video settings make you have to restart the game others don't but when you go back out to the menu you'll see what kind of FPS you are getting and tweak accordingly. Setting to HIGH and removing the framesmoothing and 1 frame lag, I also always uncheck bloom. You should see very high FPS in menu and should get half that in game.

Actually 1-frame thread lag should improve your fps as it gives your CPU more cycles to process things before it sends to the GPU to render.

Upvote 0
Funny, this is a rather common tweak in Bad Company 2.
Try disabling any sound-effects in your souncardsoftware like the equalizers, and try changing the soundrate back to 16 bits from 24 bits. It all helps :)

Upvote 0
I just so happened to stumble over this old post. Read the last one and you'll see what us RO original players have known all along. Check out it's post date...

Anyway 30+ steady is perfect in this game as well.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=2955[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=2955[/URL]

hello that's right with play mod 3.3 (november 2005) the fps did not exceed 30 fps with 800x600 minimum recommended configuration. In 2006 to RO1 pc 1280x1024 30fps minimum. The U is resource intensive and the EU3 not no exception. What is missing is a bit more optimization work to Tripwire
sorry for rough translation

Upvote 0
I just so happened to stumble over this old post. Read the last one and you'll see what us RO original players have known all along. Check out it's post date...

It is a fact because somebody said it in a post five years ago? (*Insert a joke about the bible and religion here*)

Maybe you are happy with your 30FPS, but lots of people aren't.
I'm not happy with my 20-30FPS either (at lowest settings)! With a four/five year old pc I might be happy, but not with my X4 955 CPU and a 5850.
This PC should be able to play this game even on higher settings with more FPS. The fact, that it doesn

Upvote 0
CPU: i7-720 1.6GHz (turbo to 2.8GHz)
GPU: GTX280M (1024MB GDDR3, 583MHz core, 1450MHz shader, 950MHz memory; 280.26 drivers)
RAM: 4GB
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
1920 x 1080 res

I get 30-35fps max on Spartakovka and CommissarHouse. That's barely enough to get hits with the DP-28 which is very sensitive to frame rate - I notice that before I updated drivers to 280.26, when I used to get 20-25fps on all maps, I couldn't hit any crossing target with DP-28. Now I have 30-35 frames I can actually hit crossing targets!

Surely this system (even given it's a laptop) isn't so bad that I can't squeeze a few more frames? How do I set up GPU logging - I'd like to record utilisation to see if it's the game or just my system?

Upvote 0
CPU: i7-720 1.6GHz (turbo to 2.8GHz)
GPU: GTX280M (1024MB GDDR3, 583MHz core, 1450MHz shader, 950MHz memory; 280.26 drivers)
RAM: 4GB
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
1920 x 1080 res

You are probably getting the most out of your system right now. The Turbo boost on your CPU is not for all the cores. I believe it only affects 1 core to enhance single thread (1 core) designed programs.

If you could find a way to overclock you CPU to 2.2 or 2.4 Ghz would be your best bet at getting more frames. Cooling will be a factor to consider though.

Upvote 0