• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dead players dropping armor

poosh

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 6, 2011
I don't really suggest this, just want to know your thoughts.
If players dies and has an armor remaining (e.g. after falling down), it will be dropped next to his body, so other players can pick it up.
Kevlar Vests shouldn't be combined (like 40% own + 60% picked up gives 100), but replaced (own 40% armor disappear, replacing with picked vest with 60%), if the vest on the ground is better than own.
Another use of this features (I know it's ridiculous, but in some cases it could save the team): player can sacrifice himself (e.g. by typing "suicide" in the console) to give armor to the Medic for blocking ability.

lol with all the new specimen like the brute... its not easy anyways :)

There's no "new specimen's" at all. Brute is not official ZED, and its not on every server. Imo Brute needs some nerfing, it's too fast and hes bulletproof hand is too op :p

Look, Brute is making too much chaos when hes raging. Not everybody likes to camp all the time in one spot, concentrating fire on one spot and killing everything that enters room/corridor etc. 6 player HoE with brutes is like twice time harder than withoutthem.
I would prefere to see teleporting ZED (dont remember how it was called) in game than Brute.

Upvote 0
There's no "new specimen's" at all. Brute is not official ZED, and its not on every server. Imo Brute needs some nerfing, it's too fast and hes bulletproof hand is too op :p

Look, Brute is making too much chaos when hes raging. Not everybody likes to camp all the time in one spot, concentrating fire on one spot and killing everything that enters room/corridor etc. 6 player HoE with brutes is like twice time harder than withoutthem.
I would prefere to see teleporting ZED (dont remember how it was called) in game than Brute.

You are thinking of the Shiver, although that's a demo's nightmare and a pain for firebugs. IMO the Brute and Shiver are awesome editions, when you've got a team with it's crap together HoE becomes a cakewalk, so the added chaos of the Brute and Shiver is brilliant if you want to up the game.

Back on topic. How would you 'drop' armor? It's strapped to your body and the last thing I'd want to do with ZEDs bearing down on me is try to grab some armour off the dead weight of a corpse. Not to mention the exploits.

Upvote 0