• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Should TWI be worried

Tripwire should be afraid...very afraid...they already have my money but I will DEFINITELY take my *** over to Iron Front if its any good at all...

Arma2 engine has been dying for WW2 action...check out Invasion'44 mod for Arma2...good, but slightly buggy and very scripted

On another note, TWI already dropped the ball...the game was released buggy and as a consequence the reviews will be horrendous for RO2...this will drive away the rest of the potential buyers, and we suckers who already bought RO2 will move on to BF3 or Sykrim or (god-forbid) MW3...

+1

Granted I'll go back to DH and have skyrim on the side:IS2:

Upvote 0
Well, worried is a big word.

But I can see many people that like a more authentic online experience leaving RO2 to play IF. Sure, the Arma II engine netcode isn;t great, but to some it;s better than MKB42's everywhere.

I'm still on the fence, but I'll definitely check it out when it;s released.

Upvote 0
I have a feeling that "IF" Iron Front (The East Front game using the ARMA2 engine) delivers on it's promises then RO2 will be in trouble. Iron Front is promising all the features that RO2 is missing and to me it looks like it's going to fullfill what many here are asking for or wanted RO2 to be in the first place. TWI had the only realistic East front (come to that WW2) FPS out there, no other competion at all...but this is going to change in the near future and I have to say if IF takes off I can see it being the game I'm going to gravitate to.

I hope the release of this game is going to give TWI the impetus to improve RO2 and make it the No1 realsitic WW2 (East front) FPS. As it looks like it's very storng competion indeed.Once BF3 and the next CoD game come out we will lose alot of players, losing the hardcore left to another game as it gives them what they want might be the nail in RO2's coffin.
I didn't even know about this game, hmm, maybe I could have saved some cash. Nevermind now, I've bought it and you can at least hope that RO2 will become a good game, the ingredients are there but I think the devs want to take a different direction so there's not much anyone can do.

Upvote 0
I dunno, pretty much anything built like ArmA 2 is often very realistic. But is it really that fun? Some may enjoy it and I can see why, but there's a lot of people who would rather play RO2 (in a non-buggy state) than IF, I'd say.

Yeah, I have to agree. I tried ArmA once and I just didn't like it at all, yet I really like RO1 & 2.

Reactions: Mike_Nomad
Upvote 0