• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Atlas

Murphy

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
liandri.darkbb.com
Server Crash on Map-Change should now be fixed!

Removed emitters. No more forcefields, the tiny roaches are gone, as are the blowing papers in the fanroom BUT the map shouldn't crash servers anymore!
Patty can't spawn in the subway anymore either. Thanks lammah, for pointing this out.

The Workshop is being updated. If you subscribed to the map there you should get the update automatically.

If you downloaded the map manually (e.g. to install it on your server) please download the newest version here:

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ybfcnxgln9gry8v

--------------------------
KF-Atlas is a remake of a map from Gears of War 2 called "Security".

Here is a video show-casing KF-Atlas:
KF-Atlas.wmv - YouTube

and here are some screenshots:
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Geez ... looks great. You can clearly see this map's UE3-origins. ^^
Thank you.

What do you mean with "UE3-origins"?:p

Can you give us a hint about the map's size ?
The size is about the same as the original Security map except you can't sprint (aka "roadie run") in KF. So it may feel a little more open.
In case you don't know Gears of War I would say it's about almost but not quite as big as West London, maybe.

Upvote 0
I tried this map yesterday, looks awesome and the atmosphere is just right. Not too dark or too bright. Loved the pizza place too haha, we were basically singing along with the damn tune :D

Couldnt find the laser button though, but will look for it again later now that I know what it looks like... Then again it was the B1, does it even have a laser?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The laser worked fine. Looked great, did damage, was triggerable.. I even had ZEDs trigger it!
But they were inconsistent with it, could be tricked into walking into the laser and I found it impossible to balance it in a way that made the ZEDs still a threat, even with the laser on, and making the laser worth using (i.e. defending it form the ZEDs shutting it off).
Just too many problems because the KF zombies are mostly melee and slow, as opposed to fast and mostly ranged like in Gears of War (aside form the lumbering monstrosities, and those got caught in the laser real nice).

But if you can make it work and make it fun, go ahead! Would be awesome to have a working laser in the map! You'll have to adjust the spawning volumes inside the fenced in area - but you'll see. Make all the changes you need. You have official permission, lol.

Upvote 0