• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Global Stats Reset

Global Stats Reset

• Yes

Votes: 718 75.3%
  • No

Votes: 235 24.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I, personally, have decided to stop playing until the whole stats thing is fixed. I love this game so much. But I can't get past be awarded when I haven't earned it. And I really can't get past the fact that I play the hell out of SL, and consider myself decent (at the front throwing smoke grenades and keeping my head down so that people can spawn on me), but have yet to receive a single XP point toward the class. Once again, I love this game. I know that this will be the shooter that keeps me for years. But I can't play as devotedly as I'd like to until the playing field is leveled and natural progression can occur.

Upvote 0
I, personally, have decided to stop playing until the whole stats thing is fixed. I love this game so much. But I can't get past be awarded when I haven't earned it. And I really can't get past the fact that I play the hell out of SL, and consider myself decent (at the front throwing smoke grenades and keeping my head down so that people can spawn on me), but have yet to receive a single XP point toward the class. Once again, I love this game. I know that this will be the shooter that keeps me for years. But I can't play as devotedly as I'd like to until the playing field is leveled and natural progression can occur.
So...what your really saying is, you don't play because you really like the game, you play just to get stats. Did you play RO1? I don't remember stats being saved there. It sure doesn't sound like you love the game if the stats thing is causing you to stop.

Reactions: goat77
Upvote 0
I knew that was coming. I just feel like it's the "brokest feature". I was able to look past everything but this. I will admit that RO1 was my first taste of PC gaming. Before that I enjoyed MW and MW2 (games with stats). For what they were. I enjoyed RO1 immensely. Once again, for what it was (an awesome game that I bought to see what I could expect from RO2 while completely understanding that RO1 had much time under its belt). RO1 didn't save stats, but it never claimed to either. Neither was it a feature of the game that changed the game play. I don't really care if you think I really don't enjoy the game. I'll either see you around in game in the future, or not at all, when you jump ship like most people. Either way, I DO enjoy the game. I can't wait to see what the future holds for RO2.

Reactions: goat77
Upvote 0
The worst thing about this, except that the stats isn't working, is that there are no suprises left.

If the stats had worked it would have been really cool to see your first hero after a couple of months. Or the first drum mag ppesh and so on. But now, I'm seeing people running around with the mp40/II, bayonet AVT-40 all over the place.

I even got to try all the exotic weapons and addons myself, because for some reason the game is letting me spawn with them on a random basis.

Upvote 0
i really want to buy a game but there is no point to do it if XP will be reset and i will have to play from begining. somebody know when this will happen?
Nothing against you personally, or anyone else, but I just don't get this line of thinking. The point is, or (in my opinion) should be, enjoying the game play. The point shoud never be the stats.

Upvote 0
Nothing against you personally, or anyone else, but I just don't get this line of thinking. The point is, or (in my opinion) should be, enjoying the game play. The point shoud never be the stats.
of course,but PROGRESS also. i only play hour or two a day, so if i get for example to lvl 10 with kar98k and then after patch this get reset and i start from lvl 0 again. i would like to keep my progress. i'm just wondering when this will work fine to buy a game without worrying that progress will be reset

Upvote 0
Yep.

Yesterday I went from Honor level 9 to Honor level 73 in one match and I now have a level 70 Mosin Nagant out of nowhere. I also unlocked half the achievements from one single random kill with the MG34, many of them had nothing to do with the machinegunner class.

Definitely need a stats reset when the stats system is all fixed. No question about it and there's no logical argument against it. I didn't earn my current high stats and I do not want them because they are not real.

I don't understand why others would want to keep their broken stats... it's completely illegitimate.

Upvote 0

maybe you should just "stop trying to get this line of thinking" then:). people play and enjoy games in their own way and as things stand stats and achievements are a feature which are currently broken.

who are you to judge how people play/enjoy a game?

for me stats are big part of why i play fps online. even the most realistic fps of all (battleground europe) has stats tracking for the simple reason that most people like the ability to track their progress.

i wouldnt have bought RO2 if id have know the stat/upgrade system would be screwed.

Upvote 0
Since the fix is taking so long one possibility is they could reset the stats but give everyone a boost to make up for the lost time. Start us all at weapon level 25 an class level 3 or 4 or something. I really didn't expect a fix for this to take two weeks.

Simply just a reset button for each stat would do fine. This is borderline ridiculous how long this fix is taking.

Upvote 0
OMg, whats the rush to get hero so bad?!?!?
Im am already at level 83, and i give it to you if i could to you to be happier for the rest of your life.
I intend to play this game for the next years, and this unlock system seems to be spoiled for me, i wish it would be realy hard ( and took a lots of time) to unlock items, to get the feeling of being realy rewarder.
Now that you spoiled it, just give me the option to detash the stupid bayonet to have a little little tiny realism on the nearliest inexistent sway on my kar98...........................

Upvote 0