• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Realism vs Normal

Realism vs Normal

• Total voters
I'm just curious which mode most of you prefer, Realism or Normal??

Personally I prefer normal mode. I think the game is already realistic enough and realism mode is just overkill <- That and I hate being TK'd over and over.

Thoughts?

IMHO realism is normal... What is currently called normal/relaxed is no good.
As far as I know from what my granddad told me of his days on the eastern front he didn't have the names of his peers floating above their heads or an mkb42.

Upvote 0
Oh god Realism server pubs turn into huge cluster<3's when the average nub can't even see where there teammates are at on a minimap. It's like a roll of a dice. Especially when you have no clue how much of your team is with you in a building, and the fact that you can loadout the other teams weapons adds to the chaos

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What we need is normal, realism and hardcore realism.

Hardcore realism = no hud at all, no map at all (not even by pressing M) except for commanders to call in things in, T button only shows commander/squad go here info, no unlocks at all, no kill cam, no names above friendly heads, no auto reload on guns/tanks, manual bolting only and no bandages.

Basically turn anything and everything on/off to make it as brutal as possible, i so want this mode.

Upvote 0
Why do people fret about the realism so much if there is barely any teamwork or communication on any servers?

I need the player names in my squad to show to be able to start at possibly running a squad with good comms and teamwork. On the extremest realism modes all you can really do is run around unorganised, looking realistic, but playing like 32v32 lone wolves.

That is not my kind of realism.

Upvote 0
I'm just curious which mode most of you prefer, Realism or Normal??

Personally I prefer normal mode. I think the game is already realistic enough and realism mode is just overkill <- That and I hate being TK'd over and over.

Thoughts?

I can not vote because there is no option that suits my preference, which is neither. I don't notice much of a difference between the two and I do just fine on either. Whatever the server is running is what I play.

Though I do feel I have an advantage over new players in full realism, as I do just as well in either mode, with or without the on-screen help. All I need is a map I can view from time to time to see where I'm going and I'm good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Realism, seeing people still running after i shot them 3 times in the chest in normal, in a game that holds the name Red Orchestra, that is just a disgrace.:mad:

It's called lag, and it is inherent to any online game that is not on a LAN.

The problem could be the network, your pc , the server, or the client computer you were shooting at (or his connection). If You play on 15FPS like I did a few days bc my gpu broke...well people almost can't kill you and you warp from spot to spot instead of walking.

TWI cannot fix this sort of thing. It is inherent to online gaming to some extent. Don't blame them for the physics of the electromagnetic force and all that is associated with it. All they can do is minimize these problems. What you had is something they CANNOT 100% ELIMINATE.

Upvote 0
As far as I know from what my granddad told me of his days on the eastern front he didn't have the names of his peers floating above their heads.....

Yup, but your so-called "Granddad" would be able to tell who was who by looking at their faces & hearing their voices.... which is a little difficult to do in game.

Which is why I don't mind it..... but whether or not it's in the game makes little difference. Though it does help keep players with their squad/clan.

Upvote 0