• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search and Destroy Mod.

Yes, we're taling about one-life game-play. No, search and destroy will be different and faster. maybe countdown will be better for public gaming, but S&D will be awesome as esport/clan wars etc.

20 rounds for each map,
10 rounds for each side, 10 on Axis 10 on allied side.
most rounds won, wins the map/game

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You could do it as a mutator. Add a custom modified satchel charge and PlayerController class to allow for lengthy arm times and a disarm ability. Then make a map using Countdown as the gametype, but set two destructible objectives instead of cappable ones, with the victory condition being one or the other.

While I'm definitely oversimplifying things, a basic mutator could be put together in a day by someone with a bit of UnrealScript experience. That someone will not be me however, I loathe this gametype with a passion and consider it to be the opposite of everything that RO is supposed to be.

Upvote 0
The thing with capping and objective is it doesnt lend well to competition. Great for public play with fuill servers, but im talking smaller maps teams of 10v10.

Im not entirely sure how the capping objective works. But if you have more players in an area than enemy to cap, this wouldnt work in matches, as you could lose while having minor cassualties. If you have to eliminate all enemy from an area to cap, this also wouldnt work as last man could just hide. Where as objective that had to be destroyed, gives a physical atacking focus. Oposing team doesnt have to be eliminated to plant just supressed.

But ill see how the Capping works in game first ;)

Upvote 0
Sounds like S&D needs to change name to PoD (plant or defuse) then ^^.

I just feel like countdown would feel more dynamic and alive and thus allow for a wider range of tactical game-play than S&D. S&D sounds like a game mode that is more focused on just pure shooting skills. I'm not sure that is the way for RO2 competition to grow big, to take after something that is specially designed for other games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
S&D sounds to me like classic de_ maps, and those I've played my fair share of ^^. I could say the same to you. If you havent played a game of countdown then you be quiet ;).

Countdown is also all about tactical game-play. The question is which one contains a higher quantity and quality of it, not just percentage...

If you start a discussion on a forum about something, you would have to expect people to talk about things related to that :p.

Upvote 0
i never said anything about countdown should be less tactical, just that s&d would be good for clan games, cus its fast and highly tactical, all huge mp games has it. it would be sad if the online gaming is gona be so dead as it is in hos than it is in roost. i guess countdown will be awesome as public gaming, no doubt about it and ofc for clan gaming

Last edited:
Upvote 0
yea this format is best for clan play.
Not in RO..its just..NOT. :rolleyes:

I loathe this gametype with a passion and consider it to be the opposite of everything that RO is supposed to be.

agreed...totaly

ok..maybeh i whould try for diversitys sake but tbh..nah..its the road down to..the drain. ( speaking in RO terms ofc ) And besides ...we have allready maps that implent that type of gameplay somehow...thinking of rakovice in RO:OST where oyu have to plant satchels on certain objectives in order to move on ( well you could cap certain objectives in certain order and you could skip that part but thats a tactical decission )

Snuffeld I am talking about a 1 Life per round game type.
Something like that is implented in the coop mode ;)

All this talk reminds me of this unfaithfull server that had cod sound and TDM mode in RO:OST...thank god it died so fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apos
Upvote 0
Dont start an argument slash. :rolleyes:

I have read every piece of info on this game, i under stand how the game modes will be.

My point is The Technicalities of clan wars suit a stricter Plant and defuse style game type (not tdm, not ctf, not cap objectives) This allows you to formulate set attack and defend strategies.

"S&D sounds like a game mode that is more focused on just pure shooting skills" Snuffled

- free roaming game types relly more on 'pure shooting skill'. A very organised SnD team will easily beat an unorganised Team of exceptional shots.

Its all about the tactics for me ;)

Upvote 0