• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Melee questions

Colour

Aug 23, 2011
Yesterday while playing Red Orchestra 1 I found myself with both my weapon and my grenades shot out of my hand, and left sitting next to an unaware enemy. I found myself realizing that without a weapon, I couldn't do any form of attack. I panicked and picked up a different nearby weapon, then shoot him, however if there was no weapon I could do nothing to anyone!

Can you attack someone without any kind of weapon in Red Orchestra 2?

What differences are there between the melee attacks in Red Orchestra 1 and 2? Are they more deadly? Do they stick to a nearby enemy to make it easier or do they require the same accuracy as before? Do you move faster whilst attempting a melee attack? And are there any 'perks' that improve it in any way?

I could never manage to melee or bayonet right in RO1 because of the lag. However, I heard somewhere that, when you dash and hold the melee button and then let it go, the attack is almost an instant kill.

Might seem to be the case in RO2, when that video had the German stabbing the Russian.

Upvote 0
Well..people might drop their guns because it has no ammo left and might be looking for another weapon when an enemy comes by :p. Then a melee attack with the hands could be usefull.
attacks with bare hands usually last quit some time, most of it spent on the ground trying to strangle the other guy while trying to keep him from doing the same to you.
keep the gun in your hands til you find another, or be smart and start looking for one BEFORE you run out of ammo

Upvote 0
Well..people might drop their guns because it has no ammo left and might be looking for another weapon when an enemy comes by :p. Then a melee attack with the hands could be usefull.

Would you not be better off keeping the gun in case you find ammo, go to supply point or maybe pick up another gun first then drop the empty one?

Putting in punching would take a lot of work, I don't think your fist will beat bullets or melee.

Upvote 0