• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Modern Combat Mod (MCM) (concept)

WiFiDi

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
INTRODUCTION
hello welcome to my thread, i intend to create a full fledged concept of a Modern Combat total Conversion mod using red orchestra game play style as I believe we haven't had a good modern combat game since bf2. (that isn't complete and total run and gun.) that being said i wish to deliver a detailed concept of a mod that could be made. maybe ill learn to mod, maybe someone else will get inspired to do something similar or take up my idea (who knows.) i don't know all i know is that i have a lot of ideas that just sit in my head so minds well put them somewhere where someone can read them.

Modern Combat Mod (MCM) this its code name

Goals of the Mod

• to create a realistic portrayal of the Iraq and Afghanistan war.
  • To bring red orchestra to modern combat.
  • Stay true to the Red orchestra formula.
  • bring a great quality shooter for fps world.
Personal Goals

• to make a mod concept that is realistic and, can be worked with and turned into a finished product.
Factions

Allies
United States of America (USA) (on initial release)

Terrorists/Insurgents (T/I)

Taliban (on initial release)

Classes (as soon as i find out what the class system is going to be like exactly)
note: squad leader and LMGer are only poeple to have pistols for states.

Weapons (this is a WIP and subject to change also probably not all weapons will be available on initial release.)
(i intend to provide references for some or all of the guns.)
USA
M16A4 [PICTURE HERE]
(semi/burst)
M4A1[PICTURE HERE] (semi/auto)
M1014[PICTURE HERE] (semi-auto)
M14[PICTURE HERE] (semi-auto)
SAW[PICTURE HERE]M240B[PICTURE HERE]
M110[PICTURE HERE] (semi-auto)
M24 [PICTURE HERE] (bolt action)
M82A3 [PICTURE HERE] (semi-auto)
Taliban
Mosin Nagant (bolt action)
Lee Enfield [PICTURE HERE](bolt action)
AK47M [PICTURE HERE] (semi/auto)
AK47u[PICTURE HERE]
PPSH41 [PICTURE HERE] (IT WILL BE A BONUS WEAPON.)
FN-FAL [PICTURE HERE]
RPK-74 (not sure on model quite yet) (Full Auto)
Dragunov (no comment)
Tabuk Rifle (semi-auto)
Steyr HS .50 [PICTURE HERE] (semi-auto)
PPSH41 [PICTURE HERE]
Game Modes (most game modes will be from hereos of stalingrad.)
Territory Control: (on initial release)
Countdown: (maybe on initial release)
Fire Fight: (on initial release.)
(on/off) campaign: (probably not on initial release)

(on/off) Hold the Fort: (this may or may not happen.)
(on/off) Skirmish mode: (maybe on initial release)

Maps (wip)

Last edited:
Reactions: pepihoh and Harb
Ive heard about it sadly no bf2 at the moment, but ill go check over there. :)

Hope-full bits: upon learning that the Abrams tank is indeed not destructible. that's right i said it its been shut down quite a bit all i need is an rpg 7 and a clear shot at the engine.(at the rear of tank.) however that being said there have also been instances where shells have penetrated the Abrams and (clear out the other side.) almost killing one man inside. i know its wrong to be hopeful about this sorta thing but it means i might be able to add to concept. (making this is gonna be a &%$*^, wait i don't have to. :D)

Upvote 0
why people dont make a mod about the chechnya war ?
Lots of Aks with forests,mountains,cities and strongholds.

Iraq and Afghanistan become Boring already.

and perhaps include a few battles of the Russo-Afghan war as well, to get Afghanistan in there (it is a pretty cool enviorment, but this way you could get Chechneya and Aghanistan in without being forced to craft a whole US team)?

Upvote 0
Check the Insurgency mod Ideas and Suggestions forums. You'll find a wealth of great suggestions.

INS: Done Right would be amazing. Some suggestions I wanted for INS off the top of my head:

- Start with the USMC first. Their standard issue rifle is the M16A4 with ACOG. No full auto, no red dot option. Insurgents will get iron sights and full auto AKMs, G3s, and FALs. This makes the USMC better at long ranges, Insurgents better in close range.

- Make destroyable weapon caches for the Insurgents. Put in stuff like RPG rounds, belts for the MGs, ect.

- Body armor. USMC should have thicker body armor to absorb damage better, but it should make they run slower and loose stamina quicker than the Insurgents.

- To balance would maps (if needed), you can give Insurgents more RPGs and whatnot since they do not have very organized squads anyways.

- Give the insurgents flare guns and/or flare mortars to balance out the USMC's flash lights or night vision. Or perhaps if there is no night vision/flash lights for the USMC, they can have a flare round for the M203 (I think the USMC uses them, not sure).

There are many more than I and others have come up with that would be great for such a game, but I can not recall them for the moment. Just make sure you make it asymmetrical. If it is not, then the mod is not realistic at all. The teams have to play differently - this will make it true to life and unique. All of the games in which you fight insurgents/terrorists play the same for both teams.

For the USMC, classes can be like the following:

Riflemen: M16A4 ACOG
Grenadier: M16A4 ACOG + M203
Designated Marksmen: SAM-R, MK12 SPR (at least I think so), M14DMR
Automatic Riflemen: M249, perhaps the M27 IAR
Riflemen (with shotgun): M16A4 (maybe w/o ACOG) with less ammo and an M1014 - perhaps door breaching can be added in.

Insurgent weapons can be:

AKM (various varients), SKS, FN FAL, G3, RPK, PKM, Tabuk rifle (Iraqi Insurgents), SVD, Enfields, Makarov, RPG7, PPSH41.

There are a few more than can fit in to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Check the Insurgency mod Ideas and Suggestions forums. You'll find a wealth of great suggestions.

INS: Done Right would be amazing. Some suggestions I wanted for INS off the top of my head:

cool there actually thinking about that thats where i got my inspiration.
however some of your suggestions aren't the case like m16a4 isn't standard issue its actually still a2. :D
also as far as the insurgents go they probably have very similar weapons and clothes though i hope i can find some unis.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
however some of your suggestions aren't the case like m16a4 isn't standard issue its actually still a2. :D

A2 is standard issue for training. USMC standard issue rifle has been the M16A4 for many years. M4 (though are going to be upgraded to A1s) is standard issue for the US Army.

ORD_M-16A4_Marine_Gharma_Iraq_lg.jpg

060105_train_1.jpg

[url]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b4/USMC_M16A4_Rifle.JPG[/URL]

[url]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/78/US_Marine_M16A4_Rifle_ACOG.jpg[/URL]

I'm sure you get the point. :)

Upvote 0
on a bunch of military sites it says the a2 thats weird ive done quite a bit of research on that to, a4 it is then. heck the offical military site says its the a2.

can i mod read my the first paragraph alittle better the first paragraph... :rolleyes:
the answer is NO by the way. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
on a bunch of military sites it says the a2 thats weird ive done quite a bit of research on that to, a4 it is then. heck the offical military site says its the a2.

Odd, I've never seen a website in recent times state that. And it looks the the USMC is almost done with the A2 even as a training rifle:

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2011/02/marine-m16s-rifle-optics-at-boot-camp-021611/

Not sure if you're serious about the mod, but I hope someone is. There are a lot of modern warfare games but almost none that get it right.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not sure if you're serious about the mod, but I hope someone is. There are a lot of modern warfare games but almost none that get it right.

Well I have had the same idea in my head to for a while and I was wondering if you knew anything, little team perhaps.

im serious about the mod but, i can't actually make 3d models or code or any of that. i can research and make skeleton of a mod maybe over see it. also write stuff. :D ill take all the help i can get, however if enough poeple want to help make this thats would be great. id be happy to do what i can to get this thing off the ground. :D just add me to steam or pm if your interested.

also you were right the a2 was gotten rid of by iraqi freedom back in 2001, but im not sure how long the a2 hung around ima looking it up. however it sitll listed on a .mil sight as standard along with the a4. i also intend to use the attachments as a separate unlocks. maybe not nade launcher well see how that comes together.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not to be rude, but if you can't 3D model, code, animate, texture, make sounds ect. then there is no way you will get people to make a mod for you. :)

I'd love to work on such a mod myself, but my 3D modelling skills are abysmal (actually, I have no skills/talent whatsoever :p). I doubt I can actually make something useful for a game. But I would suggest getting Wings 3D or blender. Both are free. While basic, I found Wings 3D to be easy to learn how to use the extremely basic functions.

Upvote 0
More America-based mods? Cant we get something else now? :p
The Germans, the Danish, the Dutch, the Czech? Anything other than America? Please? :p
Anyways, good luck with the project ;)

Well, you have to admit that the United States does have a large number of potential and existing conflicts involving modern day weaponry in a number of locations. I mean, it makes relative sense; the Danish, Dutch, and Czechs haven't had a good invasion in the past century (in fact, these 3 have only been notably invaded to be specific, no offense to the people there).

However, I do agree that Germany has the theoretical capacity for large conflicts (even then, its pretty worn out for some time though), Russia has some very nice potential, China is good for theoretical scenarios, and a huge number of small conflicts with minor powers would likely work just as well, and those exist all over the place!

And if you wanted future powers: Turkey is said to be rising, Japan is clinging on there, and they say Brazil is building up potential. Actually, there are predictions of a powerful Poland (if they play their cards right and things work out in certain fashions), which also is rather ironic. And that's just the near future! If you counted it by rescources and positioning, Mexico, of all nations, has the geographical positioning and rescources to challenge any existing power.

Just throwing out loadsa countries and possibilities, for modern or near-future (or in one case, future/alt-reality) cases which would fit your description :D

Upvote 0