• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Modern Heroes Mod

A suggestion could be to buy Battlefield Bad Company 2
or another modern warfare shooter. Would save you a ton of work and time.

Did I really made this suggestion and is it really that stupid ?

No no we are making this with Dark Knight.
I got Dragunov allready allmost done.

dragurender10.jpg

I will model the rest of the guns tomorrow, while Dark Knight is
planning included special units.

Oki, im just kidding :D :D :D :D

Upvote 0
You just ripped off BF2/CoD4's coalition and weapon list! :D

I dunno mang.. everyone in those games is like Special Forces types.. and usually SpecFor types get to use whatever they want.. although I don't think I've -ever- (not saying it doesn't happen, just I haven't seen/remember it) seen Spetsnaz using a H&K product..

Anyway.. back on target...

A few people have expressed interest in Cold-War Era Skirmish game for a setting.. think Conventional-Forces Warsaw Pact vs NATO.. that could be good fun, and more importantly, you don't have everyone running around using Guided Missiles and no UAVs :]

Upvote 0
I dunno mang.. everyone in those games is like Special Forces types.. and usually SpecFor types get to use whatever they want..

Not true outside of video games/movies.

But a fictional Cold War era mod would be interesting for me - assuming it stays along RO's style and we don't see American's running around with crap like the XM8/Kriss/MG36 and whatnot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i had an idea for a mod that would essentiall recreate the iraq war and i have found some stuff that could make it possible to add an abrams tank. (they can be penetrated.) your weapons are all over the place some don't make sense and some don't exsist unless your goal is to create something like combining all the run and gun games together i wouldn't do this. then making ro run and gun.

if you want to know what really exists and who actually uses what, ill be glad to show you. ive been doing research on thsi time period my self ill even be happy to research for you just please don't add these weapons none of them make sense also the mp5 isn't being used very much anymore its pretty much gone. only used by brits and US in very limited numbers. (when i say exist i mean still being used by country's on large scale.)

id rather see either a really well put together fictional story of a war (US, EU, MEC, PRC) or just a war based off the iraq Afghanistan war. just saying looks like alot of work to copy call of duty. good luck. XD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A few people have expressed interest in Cold-War Era Skirmish game for a setting.. think Conventional-Forces Warsaw Pact vs NATO.. that could be good fun, and more importantly, you don't have everyone running around using Guided Missiles and no UAVs :]

some have shown more than an interest - i've been modleing for one for some time.
i doubt it would become anything for HoS thou - i was thinking arma (where there are already a lot of older assets) or PR, although that said if things get finished i would probably offer to IC if they are interested.

Upvote 0
i guess you better do a mod for the mod.
in country has already aks and m16s and you only need russian skins and maps.

example for the map:
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulda_Gap[/URL]

i'm talking tanks baby, tanks.
I wouldn't have time to do any more so i'd be looking to donate and integrate them into other mods - where a period setting could be created, rather than make an out and out mod par se.

Trouble is - ironically- I don't personally see HoS being tank mod friendly as it will set a standard for models which , whilst not being totally neccessary, will nevertheless create an expectation which a modding enthusiat would struggle to find the time to replicate.

Upvote 0