• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SWAT mod?

Cookieeater

Dec 15, 2010
I think a really awesome mod would be a SWAT mod that had game play based off Swat 4 and Counter Strike. The goal is for the SWAT is to kill all the terrorists as fast as possible.

You would have criminals who are holed up in a building, have only 1 life, and have the home base advantage by being couped up facing the doors with their guns ready for a breach.

Then there are the SWAT. They have an infinite amount of lives and reinforcements, except the time between reinforcements is very long, like around 2 minutes to heavily punish failed raids. This would force the SWAT to try to work together and breach the terrorists at the same time.

After all the terrorists die, the teams switch and they try to beat each other's times on how fast they beat each other.

I think a really awesome mod would be a SWAT mod that had game play based off Swat 4 and Counter Strike.

These two games should never be mentioned in the same sentence. :eek:

As for the infinite respawning on the SWAT team, I think that is a bit silly if the goal is to be tactical.

If you can resapwn and the other team can not, I would imagine it would turn into a rush inside and kill as much as possible... die and respawn a few minutes later.

No reason not to.

Overall, the idea is nice assuming both teams had limited respawns.

Upvote 0
These two games should never be mentioned in the same sentence. :eek:

As for the infinite respawning on the SWAT team, I think that is a bit silly if the goal is to be tactical.

If you can resapwn and the other team can not, I would imagine it would turn into a rush inside and kill as much as possible... die and respawn a few minutes later.

No reason not to.

Overall, the idea is nice assuming both teams had limited respawns.

That's why it's measured by time taken for Swat to overwhelm the criminals. If you had Swat barging in there, they would all die individually running through doors that the criminals are covering from. Then it'll take more time to neutralize the situation. Obviously in real life even if the Swat team dies, the police can't give in the towel and let the criminals stay there.

If a bank heist goes wrong and the criminals are barricaded in the bank, it won't be a happy ending for the criminals because even if they do kill their number of cops, they will always be outnumbered.

It's more realistic for Swat to have infinite respawns compared to the criminals.

Upvote 0
That's why it's measured by time taken for Swat to overwhelm the criminals. If you had Swat barging in there, they would all die individually running through doors that the criminals are covering from. Then it'll take more time to neutralize the situation. Obviously in real life even if the Swat team dies, the police can't give in the towel and let the criminals stay there.

If a bank heist goes wrong and the criminals are barricaded in the bank, it won't be a happy ending for the criminals because even if they do kill their number of cops, they will always be outnumbered.

It's more realistic for Swat to have infinite respawns compared to the criminals.

Well it's not like they just send law enforcement in right after another damn team just got massacred. That's like throwing a dog in a fire and then throwing another one right after the first one died to see if it'll put out the fire. (Yeah, terrible example)

I'm pretty sure they would try to negotiate or use larger less human risking force if they did shoot law enforment. ESPECIALLY if they have hostages.

Upvote 0
fact: you can't defeat swat. it's been tried, so far it has always failed.

the reason is because swat is sent in only when the outcome is certain.

So, if they arent certain a hostage cant be recued, they wouldnt try and just let them in captivity or to die? Somehow i find that very hard to believe. :rolleyes:
The outcome can never be certain, how could it be?

Upvote 0