• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Question] Sound buzzing/crackling

I presume this is static/buzzing/tearing on things like guns shots, tank tracks explosions etc. I had this issue as well, I fixed this by reducing both volume sliders in audio options in game to about 20% then I just up my system volume and the problem is solved.

Previously I had upped it to full in game and it started to go bad, like it overloading the sounds or something.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I also have been having sound issues and believe, though I may be mistaken. that RO:HoS is using XNA/XAudio2 for sound management and render...

If true this is unfortunate for a multitude of reasons, not the least of which are no real hardware acceleration for those that have SOTA audio parts, poor sub-mixer and stream management, ugly gain ducking algorithms, and pooly fidelity -- just to name a few.

Where it gets really ugly is with integrated Audio/LOM solutions like Realtek (the lion's share) where Players will likely to see issues where sound effects net quality and verse visa... That I see these issues with SOTA audio parts from ASUS, Creative, and Auzentech, is especially worrisom...

Try reducing the number of audio "Max Channels" setting in the game to "8", if RO:HoS is in fact using XAudio2 this may help, and may also improve your network connection quality, stop or lat least reduce the audio stutter, and even improve emitter fidelity...

:(

Upvote 0
Same here. Sounds like the matrix clip above but only lasts about 1 - 2 seconds at a time for me. I found that turning down to 32 channels from 64 helps a bit but it still happens.

I have every faith in Tripwire but I am spending more time on the forums trying to fix problems than actually playing the game which is not good.

Ta

Sal

Upvote 0
Similar here;
I get a "pop" and then the sounds are borked when the map starts.
Either that, or the game just CTD's out.
Mighty annoying
Edit:
using an auzentech x-fi forte card.

I also have this card. I find that when Recon planes are called sometimes I get a hiccup as the buzzing/airplace noise starts to play.

I wonder if a lot of performance issues/crashing is sound related.

Reactions: Shadrach
Upvote 0
I also have been having sound issues and believe, though I may be mistaken. that RO:HoS is using XNA/XAudio2 for sound management and render...

If true this is unfortunate for a multitude of reasons, not the least of which are no real hardware acceleration for those that have SOTA audio parts, poor sub-mixer and stream management, ugly gain ducking algorithms, and pooly fidelity -- just to name a few.

Where it gets really ugly is with integrated Audio/LOM solutions like Realtek (the lion's share) where Players will likely to see issues where sound effects net quality and verse visa... That I see these issues with SOTA audio parts from ASUS, Creative, and Auzentech, is especially worrisom...

Try reducing the number of audio "Max Channels" setting in the game to "8", if RO:HoS is in fact using XAudio2 this may help, and may also improve your network connection quality, stop or lat least reduce the audio stutter, and even improve emitter fidelity...

:(
is realtek the sound that's built into motherboards?
if they are using XAudio2, what's the cure?
i have onboard audio and my only real problem in the game is sound cutting out. if i need a sound card, it wont be the end of the world. i'm in the process of adding some extra memory and a ssd hard drive to speed up load times.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is irritating I have the same sound issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjAQOjv3eg0The Matrix - Neo is traced sound effect - YouTube if you go to 0.19 of that video, mine sounds a bit like that, I also keep seeing black cats.....

+1 on this mate. Minus the dramatic music :) phew glad others are getting this and it just isn't me. Initially I got the sound and didn't notice any correlation with it hitting performance but not it does make the running of teh game stutter slightly. No more than a second or so but enough to tick me off. I hav also had this since day 1. At the time of release I was using onboard until I chose a new PCI express soundcard. Installed a dedicated SC, Creative Titanium Fatality pro. Same issue.

Carb.

Upvote 0