• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sounds of tanks and effects on nearby infantry

Parmesan' Urine

Dec 23, 2005
Nor Cal
In Ost I think it would be awesome to have your screen shake when a tank rolls by your position. Like in COD2 in some of the SP missions. Also please make some kickass tank engine sounds with cool metalic tread sounds! The mod had some allright tank sounds but i think (and know;) ) that you's could improve them! I know the game will be released soon so these type of things would just be icing on the cake. What are others thoughts on these types of things?

Well I will assure you that as an infantryman waiting for a tank to get close enough to strike is scary. I love hunting tanks in ostfront but the meaty rumble of the engine, through my subwoofer as it appraoches, can really get to you, as you dare not show yourself too early or risk being mowed down or blown apart.

Upvote 0
I remember there was a video of a reconstructed StuG rolling through a street as a part of some sort of reinactment. That thing was LOUD, and all the screaching and rumbling could really get to you. I think a little ground shaking and glass vibrating noise, in addition to monstrous screaching and roaring would be very apropriate when a tank rolls down a street, just to give the players a heads up of what they are up against :)

Upvote 0
Pycckuu said:
I remember there was a video of a reconstructed StuG rolling through a street as a part of some sort of reinactment. That thing was LOUD, and all the screaching and rumbling could really get to you. I think a little ground shaking and glass vibrating noise, in addition to monstrous screaching and roaring would be very apropriate when a tank rolls down a street, just to give the players a heads up of what they are up against :)

Yeah, one of the things I've noticed on maps like Barashka is that the tanks seem relatively quiet. You should be able to hear the enemy rolling around on the opposite shore, and use the sound to determine if reinforcements are moving up, which objective they're concentrating on, etc.

Upvote 0
Pycckuu said:

I think I have those vids.Here you go :)

http://rapidshare.de/files/10432133/Stugandpanther.rar.html

I support the idea that tank noises should be louder and be heard from long distances.Also,a little screen shake would be nice if they're really close to you.

Upvote 0
Pycckuu said:
Not a StuG, but a Panther... Turn it up and enjoy. :)

Video

Upvote 0