• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Anti-Tank Class

uw-t4nk`

Sep 12, 2011
I would like any type of pointers for this class.

usually I try to Aim for PortHoles, and the side of the tank, but I have a few questions:

1.) How do I knwo if I am doing Damage?
2.) What are the best palces to Hit the PzIII and T-34, respectively (with the AT class)

I am guessing a black "poof" of smoke upon impact is a good hit, a bullet ricochet sound is not. Aim for the tracks, engine, ammo storage (below the turret), turret ring below the turret (jams gun traverse), and view ports.
I managed to kill a player inside a tank by shooting with MG at gunner's sight.

But I have yet to destroy a single tank with PTRS in ro2... :D

Upvote 0
Though you should hold your fire if the tank is facing you, hitting the vision slits and hull MG dead-on often kills a crew man. For shots to the sides, T34 turrets are very vulnerable to AT rounds from a perfect 90 degree angle which typically kills either crewman in the turret.

The safest spot to hit at any distance is the chassis, just above the threads but below the upper hull. On the back end of the tank you will disable the engine, just below the turret you may even one-shot the tank as the ammunition rack explodes.

For shots from the rear I often go for a mobility kill first, taking out the engine before focusing on the back of turret, cupola or turret ring with the intention of disabling crewmen or gun systems. A tank with no gun and no engine is effectively neutralised, even though it won't net you any points until the tank explodes.

AT rifles take more patience than any other weapon system. It is a very inflexible role in that while you are not engaging tanks you are not able to do other things very efficiently. You can provide a warm body on the cap zone, but your gun is way to cumbersome to fight enemy infantry. When you actually do engage tanks you need to find the best spots for engaging tanks, which is usually in weird places, far from your spawn and your teammates. Have nerves of steel and hold fire until you actually have a good opportunity to damage the tank. As a tanker I have no fear of rapid firing AT rifles, they cause no damage. I am more worried about a single shot from nowhere taking out my commander, a skilled AT gunner will quickly strip a tank down so as a tanker I often have to flee.

As close as you can be, with as narrow angles as possible (straight on from the side being the best overall option), that is how you destroy tanks before they realise they are marked for death. Enemy tanks I can easily avoid since I can easily spot them. The hidden AT rifle is a potential nightmare in the right hands.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys....gives me a few pointers and something to work on..lately I have been just spamming the hell out of the AT rifle, and just shooting LIKE A CRAZY MAN!!!!

I have been aiming for view ports, gun ports etc..I even aimed down the barrell once..lol

Just practice, and more practice...thanks.
:IS2: = :eek:

Upvote 0
Though you should hold your fire if the tank is facing you, hitting the vision slits and hull MG dead-on often kills a crew man. For shots to the sides, T34 turrets are very vulnerable to AT rounds from a perfect 90 degree angle which typically kills either crewman in the turret.

The safest spot to hit at any distance is the chassis, just above the threads but below the upper hull. On the back end of the tank you will disable the engine, just below the turret you may even one-shot the tank as the ammunition rack explodes.

For shots from the rear I often go for a mobility kill first, taking out the engine before focusing on the back of turret, cupola or turret ring with the intention of disabling crewmen or gun systems. A tank with no gun and no engine is effectively neutralised, even though it won't net you any points until the tank explodes.

AT rifles take more patience than any other weapon system. It is a very inflexible role in that while you are not engaging tanks you are not able to do other things very efficiently. You can provide a warm body on the cap zone, but your gun is way to cumbersome to fight enemy infantry. When you actually do engage tanks you need to find the best spots for engaging tanks, which is usually in weird places, far from your spawn and your teammates. Have nerves of steel and hold fire until you actually have a good opportunity to damage the tank. As a tanker I have no fear of rapid firing AT rifles, they cause no damage. I am more worried about a single shot from nowhere taking out my commander, a skilled AT gunner will quickly strip a tank down so as a tanker I often have to flee.

As close as you can be, with as narrow angles as possible (straight on from the side being the best overall option), that is how you destroy tanks before they realise they are marked for death. Enemy tanks I can easily avoid since I can easily spot them. The hidden AT rifle is a potential nightmare in the right hands.

So much props to you..thank you os much.

Upvote 0
Currently armor strength variables are bugged all to hell and the PTRS is woefully overpowered against the T-34. Simply aim at the front turret and blast away. I've killed a dozen tanks easily this way, the PTRS easily rips through the frontal turret armor for some reason, even at 200-300m where the already abysmal 40mm of penetration at 100m should drop off considerably. Though how it cuts through 65mm of turret armor at any range is a mystery.

Against the Panzer IV? I dunno, I've never even bothered firing at them unless their side/rear armor is exposed, personally.

Upvote 0
What are the best palces to Hit the PzIII and T-34, respectively (with the AT class)
There is no Panzer III in this game.

SnakeTheFox said:
the PTRS is woefully overpowered against the T-34. Simply aim at the front turret and blast away. I've killed a dozen tanks easily this way, the PTRS easily rips through the frontal turret armor for some reason, even at 200-300m where the already abysmal 40mm of penetration at 100m should drop off considerably. Though how it cuts through 65mm of turret armor at any range is a mystery.
40mm at 100m is for the rare-*** tungsten round which was rare. The standard round (B-32) penetrates 35mm @ 100m @ 0 degrees. Look here:

Last edited:
Upvote 0