• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pistols: Can anyone use them effectively?

Shoelip

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 9, 2009
I was playing Russian Team Leader a bit recently, sacrificing my exp for the good of the team and all. Anyway I tried using my Pistol some. That thing seems to be a freaking airsoft gun. I climbed through the infirmary window with my nagant and a german ambushed me with his pistol. He fired the entire magazine and failed to wound me, I aimed right at his head and fired, nothing. He then bludgeoned me to death with one hit. Alright... So they start taking the NCO baracks. I run around to the left and climb in the window on the far left, peek around a corner and see a German. I fire three or four rounds into his chest, he fires a fire rounds into me from his SMG and I die instantly. He bandages like it was nothing and moves on. Finally I run around behind the Infirmary and sneak in the back. I see a German Schutze looking around a corner with his back to me. I take at his head and fire three shots just as he turns around. He fires one shot and instantly kills me with his bolt action rifle, then drops dead. So yeah... Is it just me or is there something wrong with the pistols in this game? It seems like not even head shots with pistols are kills.

Anyone else had similar experiences? Any idea what's wrong?

i have to admit that the nagant is a bit ackward. i have a nagant myself and its range and bullet drop is a bit bad in RO2. its recoil is a bit to much aswel

Its reloading is also waaayy to fast!
Reloading M1895 Nagant - YouTube

should be a bit slower ingame :p and everytime you reload it "DAM THIS GUN"

Realism is good.

How i dont fancy waiting 20-40 seconds in game to reload.

Upvote 0
I make it a point to use pistols often because they're a bit difficult to use, and they're just badass. Definitely useful up close and against stationary targets in general. Last game I got a headshot with a Tokarev after hipfiring (and missing at first) against a German running down a hallway. Feels good man.

Upvote 0
Handguns in RO2 are way more useful than they were in RO1.
The trusty Walther P-38 has saved my life several times. It can be a little tricky to shoot moving targets since there's a small delay in the shot until it hits something.
For close quarters from the back kills or infiltration is very useful.
The Nagant, I never used it much, but it has poor sights, don't expect to achieve much accuracy.

Upvote 0