• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The "anything" thread

When I first moved to Orlando when I was young I got hit by 5 hurricanes, one a week for 5 weeks. It happened the day we moved in on Friday the 13th. Due to the hurricanes we had no internet for several months, and only like the local news channel on TV. I had nothing to do except replay old video games like resident evil and super metroid for SNES.

I gotta admit though the hurricanes were cool. I watched the port-o-potty on our lawn (the construction workers had just finished recently and hadn't collected everything yet) get lifted 6 feet in the air and then fly down the block. It was pretty entertaining.

Upvote 0
Oh... Wait, 'we'? im confus.

I thought you were saying you went without sleep for 160 hours, and eventually passed out onto the pier.

Kettch has it.

To clarify: When returning from a deployment, I had some things that I needed to finish, and a hard deadline for finishing them. This deadline is best described as 'when we tied up.'

So, for the last week at sea, I did not sleep. I was only 21 at the time, and with the hard application of coffee (this was before energy drinks were readily available), I made it. Barely.

Upvote 0
Nah the hurricane story was when I was real young, like 15 or 16 (I just turned 22 now). I'm pretty sure I was a console f^g back then, although I did play Age of Empires on the pc.
That would be 2004. That is the only season that even comes close to having 5 storms brushing Fla in a single season. And only two were bonified hurricanes. (Though I will grant you that Tropical Depressions and tropical storms can be worse with regard to total rainfall.)

Upvote 0
Charlie was 2004.

2004 Atlantic/Caribbean Hurricane Tracks
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A couple of years ago I bought The movies (game from Lionhead) and I didn't play it that much. But now I installed it again and I'm addicted to it! There's always something to do in that game. Last night I was thinking "I will stop and go to bed when the game is slowing down a bit I don't have anything to do for a few minutes." But that never happend.

Upvote 0
You have a case of the mondays? :p

No. No, man. ****, no, man. I believe you'd get your *** kicked sayin' something like that, man.

Oh, and the Blu-Ray player I bought this weekend so that my wife could watch a movie she wanted to see? Turned out the movie she wanted to see was boring, so she wanted to watch something else instead after about 20 minutes or so. *facepalm*

Ah, well. It was a good excuse to get a BR player anyway, though. And I got the Director's Cut of Dark City and the 25th Anniv Edition of The Last Starfighter, too. Not a total loss, I guess. :)

Upvote 0