• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ro 2 tanks

Neg, 3 player positions have been confirmed in both the Pz.4 and T-34.

Can you give the source, as this was what Wilsonam said in the past.

Crew – the t34 and the pIV can both have up to 3 human players manning the tank. There are FOUR playable positions with separate commander/gunner for tanks that had them (although this is subject to change during further development)

The same was said during some other interviews, and I haven't heard that it was changed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moyako and Tank!
Upvote 0
I'm not sure about RO, obviously this is my first post here. I have just recently found out about this game and I am very interested.

I've seen a few videos of german tank crewmen, and one of the things they said was an advantage over a lot of the russian tanks was the commander. In russian tanks the gunner was the commander, while germans had a crewman dedicated to this position. Usually he rode with the hatch open and his head out, and had a 360 degree view of the battlefield. He wouldn't tell the gunner what to do, but he would give out the positions of targets for the gunner. They had a special relationship and understood they didn't get in the other's way.
A second role the commander did, was he would get out of the tank and scout ahead on foot to understand the situation they were going into, looking for traps, ambush's...ect. I would think being able to get out as a commander would be vital to the survival of a tank crew using the real world tactics.

Just my 2 cents...

Upvote 0
Can you give the source, as this was what Wilsonam said in the past.

The same was said during some other interviews, and I haven't heard that it was changed.

This is exactly what I said.

Player position does not equal playable position.

While German tanks will have the Commander, Gunner, radioman and driver as playable, there are only 3 player positions inside the tank. The commander will hot-switch in between the gunner and commander position.

Upvote 0
Player position does not equal playable position.

Doesn't player position denote a postion where a player can be in, and a playable position denote a position that is playable.

In the sense of possible tank positions that a player can be in (aka playerpositions ) that equals four, max human crewmen is different from player positions. Especially as TWI hasn't said that only the gunner can be the commander at the same time.

Till Tripwire says so it could very well be that for instance with 3 human players you have a driver, gunner and commander, and drop the hull mg to a bot. So do you have any source that only the driver can switch to the commander :p. Which brings it back to the same question as before effectively.

Upvote 0
Is it only the commander and gunner that can 'hotswitch' or instantly switch player positions? Or can one 'hotswitch' between and any AI occupied position?

I think we all concur that upon death of an AI crew member, switching takes time and has an animation?

As long as the AI is alive and in a playable role (i.e not loader) then you can hot switch to that position. So you can hot switch from driver to gunner to commander to hull mg.

Upvote 0
While I am very interested in this game, I'm suprised only two tanks will be shipping with the game. Has the Dev's mentioned anything about other tanks coming out? (T34/85, IS2, Panther, Tiger, Stug KV series...etc...)

Well about only 2 tanks being in, these are way more advanced then the ones in the first game, they said that creating one tank in RO2 is like making 10 for the first game. So they take a lot of work but about them releasing more tanks, I'm sure they have said over time they will release more tanks (for free I'm pretty sure) when they are finished making more. So you don't need to worry about there being only 2 tanks.

Upvote 0
While I am very interested in this game, I'm suprised only two tanks will be shipping with the game. Has the Dev's mentioned anything about other tanks coming out? (T34/85, IS2, Panther, Tiger, Stug KV series...etc...)

Others answered to you already, but I just have to add that four tanks of the six you mentioned were not present in Stalingrad and three of those were not even in production at the times of the Battle of Stalingrad. Those are pretty good reasons not to implement those in game.

Upvote 0
Others answered to you already, but I just have to add that four tanks of the six you mentioned were not present in Stalingrad and three of those were not even in production at the times of the Battle of Stalingrad. Those are pretty good reasons not to implement those in game.

Yes, I'm aware of the production dates, but tankers are rather limited in what they have to choose from. It's ok though, I'm sure the modding community will kick into high gear after release.

Upvote 0