• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why are pings so high?

My ping is 40. On one server today, everyone's ping first shot up to 100-200, then to 150-300. It went on the whole, laggy, unplayable game. And yes, I agree it seems nearly all of the populated servers are for some reason 100+ ping since the update. WTH is going on?
very strongly agree
Since the update I lost interest in playing anymore since it is lagging so much. Playing on servers with 60players is just frustrating...
And even playing with few people it seems worse than before the update
Lag is a real gamekiller to me...
WTH is going on? :S

Reactions: Stahlhelmii
Upvote 0
If yuo look at the server browser, pings are ok. But when you're inside the game, it goes up, sometime twice high :confused:

Odd.... I seem to have the opposite issue, where servers I join that have pings of say 80 end up being only 40 when I am in the match.

I guess that's not really an issue, lol :D

I've also noticed when you console "Stat FPS" it brings up your FPS but there's also another number below that in miliseconds, which I assume is also the ping?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But what if the server has been doing fine with 64 players until latest patch?

Agreed, the current servers were able to run 64 players without any substancial lag. You would get 150 ping at most.

After the patch the average ping has doubled and with punkbuster enabled tripled. Now I know they are fixing punkbuster, but I'm really hoping they are putting effort into getting the netcode/serverload issue fixed as well.

Upvote 0
Stat net.
And if the ping for everyone on the server shoots up, then the server CPU can't handle that many players the server has.
Punkbuster has never caused anything like that in any games I have played.

What? It has caused it in pretty much every punkbuster game i have ever played.
If not bad network preformance, bad framerate stutter.

There must be Some connection when every game using punkbuster has online issues in one way or another. I will not believe it is just "oh RO2's netcode sux", because it was fine before punkbuster was "turned on" in the patch.

Upvote 0