• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Listen servers w/ bots at launch?

The only difference between a listen server and a dedicated server is that a listen server doesn't advertise its presence on the Internet, otherwise they are both exactly the same.
I don't know whether a listen server will be available from launch or not but it seems to have an option built into the WebAdmin, as in the pic., but these are the dedi server files im using,whether the actual retail game will have the same option can only be answered by TWI

2011-09-07_235017.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The only difference between a listen server and a dedicated server is that a listen server doesn't advertise its presence on the Internet, otherwise they are both exactly the same.
I don't know whether a listen server will be available from launch or not but it seems to have an option built into the WebAdmin, as in the pic., but these are the dedi server files im using,whether the actual retail game will have the same option can only be answered by TWI

No, sorry, by listen server I mean one hosted where the server host is in the game and the other players are connected directly to him, not a LAN or local server. Sorry if I misled you with that.

Upvote 0
You should totally put a SS of the bot configuration tab so we can settle this thread :p

Their is no specific bot config tab, whatever attributes you apply to real players also applies to the bots.
This thread is about whether their will be listen servers with bots, i can only speak about the bots, the question about listen servers can only be answered by TWI

Upvote 0
No, sorry, by listen server I mean one hosted where the server host is in the game and the other players are connected directly to him, not a LAN or local server. Sorry if I misled you with that.

Ahhh i see what you mean,the "host a game" thingy, i don't know, but RO had that option, i don't see any reason why RO2 shouldn't have it as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Their is no specific bot config tab, whatever attributes you apply to real players also applies to the bots.
This thread is about whether their will be listen servers with bots, i can only speak about the bots, the question about listen servers can only be answered by TWI

Yeah, I'm most concerned about listen servers, I'm hoping they're just absent from the beta for testing purposes. Thank you for the screenshots of bots though, I hope those options remain in the host game UI. I'd really like to play with them ASAP, I wonder if it'd be too much to ask to sneak it into the next beta update?

Upvote 0

I can tell you that in KF, this didn't work perfectly. Listen servers like that were kind of dodgy. They were there, and they worked...but not great, especially at release when TWI is focused on problems and support for dedicated servers. Still, KF was long time ago, relatively speaking.

I must not be getting something, but I was referring to:
fivtW.jpg

A screen shot of what that shows. Either way, thanks for posting up some SSs.

Upvote 0
I can tell you that in KF, this didn't work perfectly. Listen servers like that were kind of dodgy. They were there, and they worked...but not great, especially at release when TWI is focused on problems and support for dedicated servers. Still, KF was long time ago, relatively speaking.

I must not be getting something, but I was referring to:
fivtW.jpg

A screen shot of what that shows. Either way, thanks for posting up some SSs.

That tab only allows you to add or remove bots, it also shows the number of bots in the game,and their scores
In the screenie the "balance teams" and the "game difficulty" tab applies to the bots as well
You can make every bot have hero status (i think)

Reactions: Nenjin
Upvote 0
That tab only allows you to add or remove bots, it also shows the number of bots in the game,and their scores
In the screenie the "balance teams" and the "game difficulty" tab applies to the bots as well
You can make every bot have hero status (i think)

Are you able to stack them on one team, then? Humans vs. Bots? You said they just balance teams, can you make them stack the teams?

Upvote 0
There will be no interface to support it at launch, and it won't be supported until we have fully addressed all the issues with it.

However the base functionality is still there. However some things may/will break.

Thought so. Bot settings, functionality and usefulness (not intelligence/reactions) is pretty broken compared to RO1 right now

Upvote 0