• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Player config setup

ryder`

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 15, 2011
Hello all!

I'm a CFG maniac, so I just want to know what's the best setup for config, to reduce lagging and playing as good as possible. This is one of the advantage to play in a game with a game-console, so let's use it! :)

Can someone help me and say to me which command we can change without risks ban or kick from servers?

Thanks for help :D

There is some rather strong irony present in your post OP.

You talk about changing configs to get the best/most performance, you also talk about that being one of the best things about PC gaming (presumably over that of console gaming) and so here is the irony in what you're saying:

In order to even determine a "best practices config" there must be similarities between those systems (the more the better/more effective such a config will be). Isn't that what consoles are? Similar?

The very reason you bring up (that PC's are more customisable) is also the very reason it will be hard to post a "one-size-fits-all" configuration tweak guide.

Just so you know.......:cool:

Upvote 0
Mate i dunno why you talk about console or what you want, I don't care about console are all the same... :S

I just want to say that all fps games with console are fully editable, so you can do what you want with brightness, effects and other (without cheating i mean XD )

I've played for 7 years al CoD saga, and CoD is famous for cfg config, all the top players puts his cfg in internet for all the players who wants it, or maybe who needs some command that can change his way to see the game (and I'm talking about regular changing, not cheating ;) )

So I opened this topic to talk about some command that can give you a help and playing better ;) in Cod2 I have a 14kb config file, all is changeable, you can put the shadows, blood, grass, various effects, so you can decide what to do ;) that's what i mean ;)

Srry for my maybe bad english, I'm writing all from my workplace lol!

Upvote 0
I understood exactly what you were saying, you are not understanding what I was replying to.

It's ok. I'll make it simpler. It is going to be hard to find a config that works for just anyone in this game. Why? Because everyone's hardware is so different.

You will have to test each setting on your own. One thing that makes things smoother on someone else's machine can/will quite easily make things worse on yours.

Plus, CoD is very much written as a console-port so it's easier to have configs that work for many people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0