• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

If you had to rate RO2 today...

If you had to rate RO2 today...

• 1-4 (Poor)

Votes: 33 7.7%
  • 5-7 (Average/Good)

Votes: 151 35.0%
  • 8-10 (Very Good)

Votes: 247 57.3%

• Total voters
Gameplay 9/10
Graphics 9/10
Sound 11/10 (seriously, this is the best sounds i've heard in any games)

And it can only get better with time, still alot of work i think for bugs squashing, server optimization. I just wish there was a 64 players server in my area with punkbuster activated... Seems all my favs went the wrong way with it (Or maybe there is a problem with punkbuster i'm unaware of...). Gonna have to wait for launch and see.

Upvote 0
Putting bugs etc... aside, I'm giving it a solid 10 !
A few things annoy me but I can deal with them - Can't be perfect for every one. And this will definitely be the only game I play (As well as the mods and Ostfront once in a while) for many years to come. It still has the Ostfront elements I loved, And those can't be found in any other games. So for that alone a solid 10 !!!

Upvote 0
Its pretty arbitrary to review a product based on a numeric value

Exactly. Not only is it arbitrary, but people are rating the game based on bugs, or on their own personal play style, like the riflemen who think the SMG's are overpowered, or the SMGers who think they have been nerfed.

They clearly can't both be right, so neither of their ratings is reliable.

My personal benchmark is this:

I own BFBC2. It came out at the end of 2010, so I have the full retail version. I paid twice as much for it as RO2. Right now, on the same computer, the same steam, the same everything, BFBC2 will run for about half an hour or so before the entire game crashes and locks up my PC. I have to do a hard reset to restart the computer.

RO2 BETA crashes once in awhile, but it is MILES more stable than BFBC2 RELEASE.

So take whatever rating you would give BFBC2 and add at least 2, and you have my rating of RO2.

It's better than what DICE and EA were able to make with their money and resources, so maybe people should give TWI a break.

Upvote 0
4. Way too many game breaking bug.

Maybe a 7 without bugs. Possibly an 8 with another layer of polish; better HUD, fixed prone/cover system, fixed re spawn mechanics (switching class shouldn't kill you) and some kind of real stamina system instead of a sprint bar.

???? its a beta first of all there will be bugs, Polish?!!?!?.... Graphics whore... better... HUD? what is this HUD you speak of? Stamina shouldnt even have an indicator IMO or maybe something similar to the RO1 one.

Upvote 0
Numbers are really the most practical method. Quantitative data is usually easier to decipher and compare than qualitative data. If everyone rated the game with open-ended answers, you would not be able to make clear comparisons.

which is the exact problem he's talking about, as this leads to stuff like metacritic and people thinking eg that cluedo's better than monopoly because it got a 85 vs monopoly's 84 and making purchases accordingly :rolleyes:

Upvote 0