• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

People actually think the MKB is good?

lods of emone

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
lol

I can understand qualms over the unrealistic distribution of it among classes, but on the gameplay side it's pretty much completely inferior to the MP 40, especially when it gets the ammo capacity upgrade. MKB only beats it at long ranges, but it has a lot more recoil. I'd even rather use a G41 over it.

lol

I can understand qualms over the unrealistic distribution of it among classes, but on the gameplay side it's pretty much completely inferior to the MP 40, especially when it gets the ammo capacity upgrade. MKB only beats it at long ranges, but it has a lot more recoil. I'd even rather use a G41 over it.

Shhhhh... don't tell anyone.

Right now they're gaining stats on a weapon they'll rarely use after the next patch, I want those MP40/II's kept to a minimum. :p

Upvote 0
in maps such as station the penetration power plus the fully automatic mode makes it devasting. and it does beat the mp40 in short ranges, if you are horrible youll miss the same with both, but when you hit with the mkb its a kill, if you are good, youll get the one hit kill before the guy can react

well i could go on, mp40 is great but that weapon is just absurd... poor ruskies

Upvote 0
in maps such as station the penetration power plus the fully automatic mode makes it devasting. and it does beat the mp40 in short ranges, if you are horrible youll miss the same with both, but when you hit with the mkb its a kill, if you are good, youll get the one hit kill before the guy can react
This, I just had my first go with it on barracks and ended up with a 8-9 kill streak. Mostly because I abused the fact that I knew what walls to shoot at. Great fun but goddamn it's so much better than anything else in the game, or so I found.

Upvote 0
lol

It's devastating, it is an SMG with the penetration of an MG, very nearly.

Upvote 0
It was in the war. Technology is a scary thing when only one side has it ;)
No ****, experienced that first hand. Felt more like Rambo than a lone vulnerable soldier, it's really hard to motivate myself to play as Russians as the German's have such a definitive advantage. Only briefly tried the AVT40 but it just couldn't compare.

It's really fun to use but with this many on the field it just gives the Nazi's too much of an edge, in my opinion.

Upvote 0
No ****, experienced that first hand. Felt more like Rambo than a lone vulnerable soldier, it's really hard to motivate myself to play as Russians as the German's have such a definitive advantage. Only briefly tried the AVT40 but it just couldn't compare.

It's really fun to use but with this many on the field it just gives the Nazi's too much of an edge, in my opinion.

Yup it needs controlling but the Devs will get there. They have a lot on their plate right now so we just have to be a bit patient and give Ramm ( and everyone else ) a chance to work some of his/their magic :)

Upvote 0
I find it to be too hard to get a kill at long range, it seems the damage gets reduced quite dramatically because it sometimes takes more than one torso shot to put the enemy down, in fact for me it's even taken 2 or 3 hits for them to bleedout/die (and i'm just sittin there thinkin "what is wrong with this gun!?"). Plus i find the post of the iron sights to be too small for my tastes... On the other hand it is a very cool looking weapon, and i've already grown accustomed to it's recoil and have great success 'double tapping' the target!

Upvote 0
lol

put it on semi fire, and you have a 30 bullet mag, with hardly any recoil. It kicks like a mule in full auto but in semi fire, its very deadly.

Upvote 0
lol

Have you ever tried it in semi-automatic mode? I'd wager a player of similar skill weilding the MKb would beat a G41 any day (over a series of tests of course). Reloads are also significantly faster due to the magazine.

Upvote 0
I was commenting on a server yesterday that everyone with the MKb42 was not using it correctly. They seem to think it's some sort of SMG that looks cooler. It's an assault rifle. You fire it in 2-3 round bursts or on semi-auto fire mode and you have the best gun of the war in your hands. I was thankful few listened to me. When I picked up the gun out of curiosity on Pavlov's House I ended up taking Zab's House alone. I put down about 12 Germans before I died to a tank shell. The MP-40 doesn't compare. It doesn't have the same accuracy or stopping power at any range. The only thing I feel is remotely comparable is the PPSh41 or perhaps the AVT if used intelligently.

The MKb is amazing. There's a good reason why the Germans made nearly a half million of them (the later StG44) in roughly a year ('44-'45).

Upvote 0
About 20 minutes of practise and I can hold it on target @ full auto without too much trouble, it's a decimator :eek::D

It's funny that some people are saying it has a lot of recoil, whereas I'd say it has almost none.

I think it's just that the recoil movement is very, very predictable, and you can easily correct it as you fire without having to think about it.

Upvote 0