• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Set up bots on the server

I've tried this a few times now and like others have stated the full amount of bots set in the web admin appear in the ready up period but soon as the map starts they all disappear bar one, which its self disappears when that round ends or even before the end of the round sometimes after he is shot, than I can then only add one back on using web admin.

I've adjusted min players to various numbers above 0, but this just means you sit waiting for others to join to that number you set. Would appreiciate if anyone as got bots working and what they used to do this?

Otherwise it looks like the bot function is broken? and like others have said as well the webadmin for RO:OST bots worked perfectly and had more functionality. Hope this is fixed at some point?

Last edited:
I've tried this a few times now and like others have stated the full amount of bots set in the web admin appear in the ready up period but soon as the map starts they all disappear bar one, which its self disappears when that round ends or even before the end of the round sometimes after he is shot, than I can then only add one back on using web admin.

I've adjusted min players to various numbers above 0, but this just means you sit waiting for others to join to that number you set. Would appreiciate if anyone as got bots working and what they used to do this?

Otherwise it looks like the bot function is broken? and like others have said as well the webadmin for RO:OST bots worked perfectly and had more functionality. Hope this is fixed at some point?

It doesn't work using the Admin Panel. If you add there the bots just disappear when someone joins the server. You need to add them via the commandline that starts the server using -minplayers=40? Using that will give for instance 39 bots when a player joins the server.

Upvote 0
It doesn't work using the Admin Panel. If you add there the bots just disappear when someone joins the server. You need to add them via the commandline that starts the server using -minplayers=40? Using that will give for instance 39 bots when a player joins the server.

OK Thanks, server is full ATM, so will try this when it is empty and report back if works/doesn't.

Others feel free to add other ways if different from above so I can test when I get the chance.

Upvote 0
yes done that as stated above.. minplayers=xx works fine in steam as locl system..but as server on gameserver it does not..changed bat file everything.. only can get minplayers=1 to work for 1 bot.. any other number there and server hangs on launch of map. could this be a ranked server error? is that possible?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help

Thanks for the help

I did just as he said and have bots working for all gametypes. Just don't over think it it is simple as typing it in and then:) restart server. Just follow what he said to the letter . AND AS FOR ON GAMESERVER IT DOES WORK THAT IS WHO HOST MINE

Last edited:
Upvote 0
More

More

IN THE WEB ADMIN YOU CAN DO THIS JUST ADD the command line stuff here at the url the make sure that net players is set to one on server rogame.exe or what ever gametype your running

Change Map

Change the current map or game type.

Game and mapGame type Countdown Firefight Territory Loading...
Map FF-Apartments (Apartments) FF-Barracks (Barracks) FF-GrainElevator (GrainElevator) FF-Station (Station) MutatorsThere are no mutators available for this gametype. MiscelaneousAdditional URL variables
Here you can add any other arguments to be placed on the game change URL. It will be added after the gametype and mutator elements.
The following variables are not allowed: GamePassword, AdminPassword, Port, QueryPort

Upvote 0
Yeah with gameservers.com I had to create a support ticket to get the bots added, when I try to do it via FTP it doesn't seem to work. But have 8 bot set up now, which join the game when you join.

Just ask for the minplayers to be updated in the command line for however many bots you want.

62.67.42.133:7777

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dear Customer,

Ticket QYC-747NB has been updated by Jake Bauer
[staff].

The command line is not available for editing at this time.
This should become available in the near future, in the mean time you will need
to submit a support ticket with the request for a change.

Jake
Bauer
"Spyder"
[url]http://www.gameservers.com[/URL]

Official at least for now you will need to get gameservers to add the minplayers command to the command line, for gameservers servers. otherwise it won't work for bots.

Upvote 0
I have a Gameserver server and I never asked them to do anything. You just have to edit the URL section below Gametype. You'll see where it says Minplayers make it the full amount of number of your server and Maxplayer will also be max number.

I set this on our server now the server is always full with either bots or humans or both. Teams are always even. Makes for even better game play.

Upvote 0
here's the problem my server has.. if I add it or they add it.. the bots will spawn but then it hangs the human players in limbo..like roaming..never allowing them to spawn.. also noticed since they start ummm "helping" now the server is no longer in game browser and only shows thru steam browser for 1-3 seconds and disappears..??

there must be something screwed someplace..

If I set minetplayers and minplayers to 1, then I get in fine and ofcourse 1 other bot till human joins..

Upvote 0
here's the problem my server has.. if I add it or they add it.. the bots will spawn but then it hangs the human players in limbo..like roaming..never allowing them to spawn.. also noticed since they start ummm "helping" now the server is no longer in game browser and only shows thru steam browser for 1-3 seconds and disappears..??

there must be something screwed someplace..

If I set minetplayers and minplayers to 1, then I get in fine and ofcourse 1 other bot till human joins..

In my command line set minplayers=2?

Upvote 0
I had my server also re-installed yesterday by Gameservers because we went from 32 player to 50 player. I changed NO files what so ever. I never asked them for bot support or anything else they just increased the slots which required a re-install.

If you go to Change Map in Webadmin the only thing I did was this at the Additional URL Variables:

?minplayers=50?maxplayers=50

Then click Change Map - I did this for both Territory and Firefight and now both maps start with 50 bots in server. Every time a human joins one drops so you can fill the spot.

I used to have the problem where they'd leave doing all the other things I've seen posted with editing this or that and so on. Edit nothing.

Under Gametypes in WebAdmin clicking Game - I have for both Territory and Firefight 1 player min in the boxes. My batch file for starting was never changed nor were any other files and is still 0 and 50 respectfully.

Upvote 0