• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam Autumn Sale

Just a bit of forewarning to anyone looking to get Dungeon Defenders: If you play, try to make sure you have some friends to do so with. The pub community for that game is atrocious. They also seem to be releasing a lot of DLC for things like maps and new classes which will fracture things a bit.

It's a fun game, but don't expect any cooperation from random people.

Upvote 0
FFFUuuu LA Noire for 50% off??? I bought this game full priced when it just came out A WEEK AGO
what is this trolling? Im never buying a fullpriced game off steam again.

well with the backlog of unplayed games in my collection I guess I have the luxury of not feeling the need to buy titles upon release even from stores where prices reduce gradually in small increments - so i'd never buy a full price steam release knowing that it could drop by up to 75% overnight.

While sales are obviously great for ppl like me, it is unfair for those who really support the industry by consistently pay top dollar for new releases.

Upvote 0
I saw Riddick: Dark Athena is off 50% and goes for 10€. It's not part of a daily deal, but still. Has anyone here played it? Is it worth it?

Buy it, it's 75% off now! Bought them (BB is included) for same discount in a daily deal a couple of months ago. Finally got to play them back to back last week and loved them both. :cool:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I see they will not remove the requirement of GFWL and the Rock Star Social Club thingie to play GTA4... well, It doesn't matter how cheap it is then, I'm not buying.

I'm interested in the King Arthur games but, just like with Fallout New Vegas... there is just no time for such a game. (And I still got my Third Age campaign on hold).

Upvote 0
I bought BF3 for $30 off of Amazon. Pressure from friends made me get it... hopefully it won't be a waste. Origin is still a resource hog, and downloads are far slower than Steam.

I want to get IL-2 CoD, but it was recently on sale for $15. I am waiting for another drop like that. Wings of Prey is $10, again, I've seen it for far less last year and this summer.

Otherwise there is not much of interest for me, at least not at the current prices. Dues Ex Human Revolution is $20 on Amazon for those interested. I'll just wait until it hits $5 or so.

I see they will not remove the requirement of GFWL and the Rock Star Social Club thingie to play GTA4... well, It doesn't matter how cheap it is then, I'm not buying.

What is so bad about GFWL? In FO3 I found the save system very annoying and confusing, but otherwise it did not seem that bad. I'd opt for a non-GFWL version of a game if I had the chance though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just a bit of forewarning to anyone looking to get Dungeon Defenders: If you play, try to make sure you have some friends to do so with. The pub community for that game is atrocious. They also seem to be releasing a lot of DLC for things like maps and new classes which will fracture things a bit.

It's a fun game, but don't expect any cooperation from random people.
That's not the real kick in the pants with Dungeon Defenders, in my opinion. The real thing to worry about is actually the far too rapid pace of patching. It's great that Trendy is patching their game, but to release a patch and re-balance it 4 times within the next couple of days seems a bit over the top.

Don't get me wrong, I'm diggin DD, but it may be wise to let these guys settle into a more reasonable groove, especially for those who rage over nerfs.

Upvote 0