• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why is Tripwire so lazy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xolat

Grizzled Veteran
May 30, 2010
Why can't they copy statistics mod that somebody else made and put it in one of their official updates? Is that such a big problem?

1wx80.jpg

Those are pretty unnecessary. We dont want to know how much clots we have killed, we are looking for stats according to our perks. We want to know how much our medic is healing, how much stalkers and crawlers the commando is killing, how much headshots the SS is doing....

EDIT: Oh and BTW, its funny when you say ''TWI is lazy'' and then you asked ''Is that such a big problem?''.
That just proves that you have no clue about how things works.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Those are pretty unnecessary. We dont want to know how much clots we have killed, we are looking for stats according to our perks. We want to know how much our medic is healing, how much stalkers and crawlers the commando is killing, how much headshots the SS is doing....

I dunno. I think the statistics on kills should just be removed and replaced with how much money each team member has any particular time, how much money they've given out, other player hp healed, and waves survived.

This would remove any comparison method people have of comparing kills (so hopefully they'd stop doing it) and focus on survival. It also would show who is hoarding all the

Upvote 0
I dunno. I think the statistics on kills should just be removed and replaced with how much money each team member has any particular time, how much money they've given out, other player hp healed, and waves survived.

This would remove any comparison method people have of comparing kills (so hopefully they'd stop doing it) and focus on survival. It also would show who is hoarding all the

Upvote 0
Also on many servers you can see floating damage numbers, exactly like in Borderlands, only more discrete.

It upgrades a game to a whole new level.

This is extremely oblivious post, everything you listed except for medic can be seen there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Personally I hate the look of that scoreboard. It looks like a total cluster**** of numbers. I consider a basic scoreboard with a points system to reflect welding and healing much more preferable. Hate to steal an idea from valve, but its exactly what a scoreboard should be in such a diverse game. Llook at their stats screen for each individual player.

http://forum.i3d.net/attachments/te...m-fortress-2-screenshots-plr_pipeline0048.jpg

A stats screen should be presented like this, where detailed information is given for your score and your score alone. Other players should show their total points, money, kills, health, and ping and nothing more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is extremely oblivious post, everything you listed except for medic can be seen there.
Let me reply with this:
Personally I hate the look of that scoreboard. It looks like a total cluster**** of numbers. I consider a basic scoreboard with a points system to reflect welding and healing much more preferable. Hate to steal an idea from valve, but its exactly what a scoreboard should be in such a diverse game. Llook at their stats screen for each individual player.

http://forum.i3d.net/attachments/te...m-fortress-2-screenshots-plr_pipeline0048.jpg

A stats screen should be presented like this, where detailed information is given for your score and your score alone. Other players should show their total points, money, kills, health, and ping and nothing more.

Your scoreboard is the same for everyone.

Upvote 0
Personally I hate the look of that scoreboard. It looks like a total cluster**** of numbers

Only if you see it for the first time(like with everything else in life), after a couple of times you immediately see how each player is contributing because your mind mapped it for future use.

But you already know this, you are just being disingenuous.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Only if you see it for the first time(like with everything else in life), after half an hour or less you immediately see how each player is contributing.

But you already know this, you are just being disingenuous.

Ok that irritated me. So your saying that I'm trying to appear straightforward and blunt when I'm actually being the total opposite? I have to admit I had to look up disingenous to make sure the defintion I understood is right. After double checking it appears to me you are merely trying to rubbish my point of view by dismissing it using long (and inappropriate) words.

Without being nasty that scoreboard looks like a very poor spreadsheet, and looks totally unprofessional and sloppy . Furthermore all that chart shows is pretty much the same as the current scoreboard, but in unnecessary detail.

Why would you need to know the individual kills of each specimen? Each class has its specimens it excels against and are weak against. What about the medic? He appears low on the board because he does the important task of healing? How about the support player who has spent a good portion of the game ensuring that the door at the back of the room doesn't get overrun, or the Berserker who distracted the Scrake with stunning katana strikes so the Sharpshooter could take easy aim to pop its head? What about the firebug who has weakened all the foes to make it easier for the rest of the team to kill the hordes?

I admit the current scoreboard is far from a masterpiece, but at least it keeps irrelevant information to a minimum. It could do with some improving but that scoreboard gives nothing that the scoreboard needs to reflect. A system like TF2's scoreboard seems much more logical for representing a players contributions to survival of the wave.

Upvote 0
This is in no way a competitive game and even though statistics would be a nice addition it really isn't necessary, especially in the ridiculous scoreboard form you came up with.

I'd rather them spend their dev time on more important things and not just devising a system to illustrate who killed the most scrakes.

Upvote 0
TW lazy LOL, do you realize they have like about as many ppl in their team as you have fingers in your both hands. Ok Im not exactly sure how many emplyees they have atm but my point is, they are SMALL and they dont have time for useless stuff like this. While it might be a nice feature its not needed, there are much more actually IMPORTANT stuff to take care of like the balance issues which they are working on fixing atm.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.