• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

the game has become too easy

You obviously haven't tried the fleshpounder mutator on hard. You won't even make it to the patriarch. :p But I agree that now it's easy to kill the patriarch especially with pipe bombs.
The only reason I can't beat this is because I can't get to the first trader. Even with the new spec and increase in spec difficulty the new weapons (particularly the AA12 and SCAR) are able to put out damage similar to a crossbow headshot in a pinch while still allowing ammo conservation and have a large reserve of ammo.

Regardless the Patriarch is indeed too easy. Pipebombs, AA12, SCAR, Crossbow...

Upvote 0
with all these new and more powerful weapons, the patriarch has become very easy to kill. so far my team has survived every match. in one instance we killed him in 10 seconds where he didnt' have a chance to heal.
i hope tw balances the game out.

Whenever talking about the game's relative difficulty, the AI, etc., always be sure to mention the actual game difficulty setting you were playing on. Or it's tough to put the opinions and battle reports in context.

Upvote 0
Whenever talking about the game's relative difficulty, the AI, etc., always be sure to mention the actual game difficulty setting you were playing on. Or it's tough to put the opinions and battle reports in context.

I still think the game is fairly challenging. If anything at the moment is overpowered it's the flamethrower. The fact that as a firebug you can kill the Patriarch in one burst of flames because he spends the rest of the match running away attempting to heal himself while the flames eat away at him. I consider it an IWIN button.

Edit: To clarify, that's only for the final boss battle, otherwise everything else is fair game

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's why Patriarch should detect pipebombs and shoot em with his rocket launcher from distance. Pipebomb spam is just lame...

Did someone say pipe spam?

333y36h.jpg

This is getting ridiculous... :p

Upvote 0
Just to put in my word. KF has become way too easy. Most of the new weapons are overpowered, the SCAR otherwise known as buy me all the other guns are worthless, to be honest just ruins the fun. Its greta for your first kill, the second is like ok, the 3rd is oh my god i have a WOMD in my hands where has the fun gone. Ill admit i havent played much since the update, im not too keen on it to be honest. This has possibly come from seeing how different it is from the original mod, the atmosphere has dropped too much, i miss the sounds of the 9mm clanking in the background on the 2.5 mod. The husk is also more annoying than the crawler, he looks more badass than the fleshpound yet just isnt.

Im not trying to hate the game here, i love it, but i think im mourning the old days. Bring on a KF classic mod.

Upvote 0
That's why Patriarch should detect pipebombs and shoot em with his rocket launcher from distance. Pipebomb spam is just lame...

*sigh* he did... I was messing around doing a solo Hard Foundry earlier, got to the patriarch. I was miles out of his line of sight but that didn't stop him shooting the wall near me as i was laying a pipe bomb. Dead instantly... bastard.

Upvote 0
Just to put in my word. KF has become way too easy. Most of the new weapons are overpowered, the SCAR otherwise known as buy me all the other guns are worthless, to be honest just ruins the fun. Its greta for your first kill, the second is like ok, the 3rd is oh my god i have a WOMD in my hands

Again, mention what difficulty setting you play on so people can put the opinions on creatures / weapons / etc. in context of game difficulty.
I hear you on the SCAR.

Upvote 0
Simple fact is that, even compared to the new weapons, the old Crossbow is the most overpowered weapon, and the SharpShooter perk is all you need to beat the game with ease now. The SCAR really isn't that great in my opinion, granted it does have good damage, but it's nothing overpowering and it's main downfall lies in its ammo. SharpShooter(and SS weapons) on the other hand has no such weakness. With all the weapons they can carry and use, ammo is absolutely no problem and with their damage after what has been done to headshots now, the SharpShooter clearly reins supreme, far ahead of anything else in both teamwork and soloing ability.

The game has had some nice difficulty changes, I like what they've done to alot of things(clots, headshots, husk, and yes, I've noticed that the spawns seem more challenging now etc) but all those changes are cancelled out by how rediculous SharpShooter, or simply even the Crossbow in particular, have become.

All this is based on Suicidal gameplay. I mean come on, SharpShooters taking out Fleshpounds instantly in suicidal 6man games is just BEYOND rediculous.. absolutely lame. It's not even just that they can do it, it's how efficiently they can, for instance Demolitions can do alright in this area, but their ammo supply is much more limited, they can't solo well at all, and there are always chances that things can go extremely wrong. There is absolutely no downside to SharpShooter. Sit back, watch things die.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
what difficulty are you playing with?

what difficulty are you playing with?

before you say that the game has become too easy what difficulty are you trying to play? beginner? normal? hard? suicidal? & what map?

try suicidal at biotics lab or filthscross map & lets see how you're team would survive xD

p.s. the game would be easy on noobie maps like defence or deathbasin but again it will also depend on what difficulty of the game you are playing.

goodluck

Upvote 0
after playing many games on hard now, i find that it's still very tough no matter what weapons you have, tho this could be because there are always some perk lvl 1-2 ppl that join the game and can't carry their weight on that difficulty...

QFT!

I think a lock should be put on it so you can't access hard until you're level 3 and you CERTAINLY shouldn't be able to access suicidal until level 5.

Upvote 0