• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A More Linear Gun / Item Scroll List

mutator

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 11, 2011
hey all,

i like this game alot and i have a suggestion for it.

its about the weapon / item list that is used in game to scroll through weapons and items:

i don't like how its in 2 rows and does not navigate in a linear fashion.

my suggestion is to have all weapons and items in one single line (even if the item pictures need to be resized smaller for it to fit)

would make scrolling through guns and items so much easier i think.

it may just be my personal preference but i think it would improve the game more , what do you's think ?

peace

thanks for the input so far people

i was more suggesting just redesigning the weapon menu that the mouse scroll currently activates into just 1 straight row of weapons and items.

i don't like how its in 2 rows and navigates through them from top to bottom and across or vice versa.

i also agree with the above suggestions about having a option to have the mouse scroll wheel change weapons automatically also :)

Upvote 0
i don't mind the menu now too much, but i always wondered what might happen if there was a quick switch button - hit e or some such key to switch twixt your current and previous weapon. Personally, i'd also love to see the syringe get its own key. does it have an alt fire? if not, its alt fire should be heal self and Q should simply be used to pull out the syringe. IMO.

Upvote 0
What's the point in implementing such a feature when it's quicker and more reliable to just use the number keys?

i hate using the keys. i do, cause thats the fast way, but in other games (cod, battlefield, borderlands) i have my gun rotation set up via mouse wheel, and i know that 3 clicks up is my handgun and 1 click down is my sniper. I want that in a fast game like kf.

Upvote 0
i hate using the keys. i do, cause thats the fast way, but in other games (cod, battlefield, borderlands) i have my gun rotation set up via mouse wheel, and i know that 3 clicks up is my handgun and 1 click down is my sniper. I want that in a fast game like kf.

It makes sense in these games, but in KF your weapon list may be changing all the time as you buy/sell pick up/drop stuff, so the amount of clicks will be different all the time.

There are buttons for nextweapon and previousweapon, can't people just bind those to the mousewheel?

I have prevweapon assigned to down, and switch to knife assign to up (which doesn't work online when you spawn with a weapon for some reason). Works pretty well.

Upvote 0