• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it really so unfathomable to allow servers to customize different quotas on the amount of SMGs and autos? It just seems to me like that's the obvious, simple solution.

That way people who want to play on servers with historically accurate weapon compositions can do that, and others can go play Firefight with ALL STG teams or some nonsense.

Well the only issue with that man, is that automatically takes that server off the main list. It buries it in the "unranked" servers, which will never see the light of day.

Upvote 0
I want what was promised in the previews : I want the high leveled players to be recognizable amongst others players, I want them to wear worn out clothes, I want them to look exhausted and hurt.
I want the heroes to look like total wrecks with the ability to handle special weapons and enemy weapons.
THAT WOULD BE LOGICAL.

cross%20of%20iron_coteb_article.bmp

That, is what a hero should look like

But according to Tripwire, the more you fight, the more you look fresh and have new shiny weapons.
According to tripwire, a man who has gone through hell for 6 months looks like this :
4d7edee51cbe751987893e331d44bt.jpg

This is so disappointing, it ruins the entire leveling system.

Brilliant allusion to Steiner. This sums up my sentiments exactly.

Upvote 0
Brilliant post

One of the best posts so far, and my thoughts exactly. I wondered what happened to server side options...? I remember fight after fight of all of our worries being parried by YOU CAN TURN IT OFF and thats how we were silenced, but now we've played the game, and we CAN'T TURN IT OFF like said, and now I have stopped playing because I am simply not having fun anymore.

Upvote 0
One of the best posts so far, and my thoughts exactly. I wondered what happened to server side options...? I remember fight after fight of all of our worries being parried by YOU CAN TURN IT OFF and thats how we were silenced, but now we've played the game, and we CAN'T TURN IT OFF like said, and now I have stopped playing because I am simply not having fun anymore.

This.

^

Upvote 0
I honestly wouldn't have much of a problem with the game going in a totally new mainstream direction if that's the game that TWI was marketing. But, the reason for my frustration, as well as hundreds of users on these forums, is that RO2 as an end product is not what it was advertised to be.

I unfortunately had a feeling all of this was going to happen starting back in June and July. I really wish I wasn't right.

Upvote 0
As I've been playing, I've seen most assault guys pick up the Mp40 / PPSh more than the MkB42/AVT anyway.

I'm not sure if just letting heroes use them would've worked from a gameplay standpoint, it sounds good, but in practice it might not have worked.

The only solution I can think of is to make it more limited by giving these weapons to Squad leaders and Commanders (if that's anywhere near realistic I don't know ,but then again given the topic ..) and up the recoil slightly.

But honestly - If there's 2 guys, one with a bolt action Kar-98 and one with the MkB, The one with the K98 will always be the most accurate, the most threatening .. and the most deadly.

However rare the MkB42 or the AVT really were seem to be irrelevant at this point, and the fact they're fun weapons to shoot seem to be the determining factor here, which is true, it's a hell of a lot of fun to fire the AVT, you'll never hit anything - but hey. :D

Upvote 0
kllr101 said:
But honestly - If there's 2 guys, one with a bolt action Kar-98 and one with the MkB, The one with the K98 will always be the most accurate, the most threatening .. and the most deadly.

What an outrageous sentiment; do you actually believe this or do you simply tell yourself this to stave away the disappointment in the train wreck that is RO2?

Upvote 0
You can not obtain the Hero status within a week.

But by downloading the latest patch!

My mate here yesterday level 15 or so and today a hero @level 80 and he could choose different hero classes he said. He was happy for a little while...
My other mate Vegas is also level 80 and he just started playing RO...then again they are Germans playing on the German side so maybe IP location honours them?!

Oh and they live very close to each other...could it be a problem with the ISP?
2011-09-20_00003.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I want what was promised in the previews : I want the high leveled players to be recognizable amongst others players, I want them to wear worn out clothes, I want them to look exhausted and hurt.
I want the heroes to look like total wrecks with the ability to handle special weapons and enemy weapons.
THAT WOULD BE LOGICAL.

cross%20of%20iron_coteb_article.bmp

That, is what a hero should look like

But according to Tripwire, the more you fight, the more you look fresh and have new shiny weapons.
According to tripwire, a man who has gone through hell for 6 months looks like this :
4d7edee51cbe751987893e331d44bt.jpg

This is so disappointing, it ruins the entire leveling system.

Have you seen the photo of the veteran Russian commander? He's worn out as all hell. As well, I see nothing wrong with a veteran wanting a newer gun that functions as opposed to a rusty stick that might fall apart on the next shot.

Upvote 0
...do you believe that yourself?
Happy dying on apartments with your mosin (K98 couterpart) versus MKB's.

What an outrageous sentiment; do you actually believe this or do you simply tell yourself this to stave away the disappointment in the train wreck that is RO2?

I've hardly ever been killed by the MkB42 or AVT, and if I did, it's because I decided to run into one of them with my Rifle.

The only moment where the weapons really become a problem is when you set them to semi-auto (or are in very close quarters)

I've been enjoying the game a lot, and the number of times I've been nailed to the wall through a well placed rifle shot vastly outnumbers the few that I got killed with the MkB/AVT.

There may be 1 or 2 more than we'd like to see on the Battlefield, But the only map where it can really outdo other weapons at range is Danzig/Apartments, where the ranges are short anyway.

do you actually believe this or do you simply tell yourself this to stave away the disappointment in the train wreck that is RO2?

I must ask though, what really is so bad about RO2? It may not be exactly like Ostfront, it might not be ArmA, it has a few problems and a few bugs, but TWI are working hard on those

Sure there's a few gameplay decisions that went bad, but I don't expect those problems will stay for much longer if they become much more of a problem.

I don't know if I'm alone here, but I've got trust in TWI, perhaps I am stupid to have trust in them, perhaps not. But I do, and I'll hold my final judgement on a lot of the issues until they've finalized them later on.

Upvote 0
I find it funny when reading some reviews and opinions about RO2 that they are a bit baffled by the realism in making the German weaponry better than the Russian. The MkB42 is always mentioned... Hm, I wonder what "gamey" solution could balance it out more... Maybe you could severly limit the assault rifles and set the drum mag as standard for the PPSH, nah, don't want to strive away from the realism too far for balance sake.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.