• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hey Ramm-Jaeger what happened to hero status & MkB42H/AVT40 being rare weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@SasQuatch

@SasQuatch

Thanks SasQuatch for your input and your honest opinion. So you agree with us? That's great, I just wish you had made your vioce heard when this decision was made? ;) The reason for this decision are irrelevant I guess but we see the consequences in-game and I just think the decision was a bad one in many aspects. Gameplay suffers, we feel a bit cheated that a feature was changed or left out completely (hero status and prototypes for them only) plus the RO feeling is not really there anymore.

I really hope the rest of the team will see their errors and won't be stubborn but wise enough to admit that the decision was just not a good one. We live to learn and I will forgive you....;)

Still appreciate your input here and hope that modding will start soon so we can change these things ourselves (what if more people play on mod servers than the standard ones? Would that open up the team's eyes?)

Yes and as mentioned before the major issues lay with the high pings (which also make bolt rifles more difficult to use btw), lockdown and class- and teambalance at least for me.

I don't mind the bugs or the eventual crash but the heart of the game is in the wrong place atm.

Upvote 0
Another issue which I've tried to address but got shouted down by those with uber rigs and 1,000,00 MB/s connections. TWI proliferates all the automatic weapons, but there aren't enough for everybody -- roughly half -- so the guys with fast puters or connections (whichever is helping them load the new maps faster than other playrs) get their choice of both team and class every freaking game, hog all the goodies for themselves, and the rest of us get lmg or bolty.

If there isn't a FAIR way to assign teams and classes, then yeah, I agree, let's go COD and everybody can pick whatever they want. I don't understand why there can't be a 20 second delay from the first load to the selection screen until the buttons actually function, to give everyone except those with hideous load times an equal chance at the goodies. Hell, even auto assign, or something along those lines. Giving people with the best equipment the right to always butt to the front of the line is unfair bullscheisse and patently unfair. To me, it reeks of flat-out lazyness in terms of game design; how difficult can it be to design and implement a fair class and team assignment or lottery system???

The thing is man, I don't WANT it to go the way of CoD. I love my bolt-action, but hate that the Assault rifles are so much better at the same job (or every job). I don't like the idea of every weapon being available for everyone (I truly loathe firefight). I just want there to be some kind of team balance. I think having just the SL's to have them would be best. Less than the 6 assault troops (because the abscence of MP-40's is depressing frankly), Nobody going Commander so they would have the best gun (almost an instant loss for the team) and No constant auto-win for Axis on Station (through walls at full auto is rough on indoor fighters).

Or even better, give the gun as an option to the "elite rifleman" class. Problem solved. Less Semi-auto's and less assault rifles in one fell swoop.

Upvote 0
Another issue which I've tried to address but got shouted down by those with uber rigs and 1,000,00 MB/s connections. TWI proliferates all the automatic weapons, but there aren't enough for everybody -- roughly half -- so the guys with fast puters or connections (whichever is helping them load the new maps faster than other playrs) get their choice of both team and class every freaking game, hog all the goodies for themselves, and the rest of us get lmg or bolty.

If there isn't a FAIR way to assign teams and classes, then yeah, I agree, let's go COD and everybody can pick whatever they want. I don't understand why there can't be a 20 second delay from the first load to the selection screen until the buttons actually function, to give everyone except those with hideous load times an equal chance at the goodies. Hell, even auto assign, or something along those lines. Giving people with the best equipment the right to always butt to the front of the line is unfair bullscheisse and patently unfair. To me, it reeks of flat-out lazyness in terms of game design; how difficult can it be to design and implement a fair class and team assignment or lottery system???

LOL mate, I have the opposite problem. Got a new rig and am always one of the first to enter the map. Love the bolt (less than in RO1) but feel so tempted to choose sth else as on these rather small maps it would be almost stupid not to.

I totally agree that class selection should be done differently after a delay to wait for most players to join.

Reactions: Verluste
Upvote 0
Since the patch that restricted the AVT and MKb to Assault class the number of those weapons has decreased to the point that they cannot unbalance the gameplay significantly. At least not on a 32-player server.

If people are still seriously upset about this, just from an historical authenticity standpoint, then I urge you to put your anger aside and just wait for community-made content which, given this furor against automatic weapons, is certain to produce new maps, and modified official maps, to suit your tastes.

The game has been out for a week. Take a deep breath, and maybe go play RO:OST for a bit if the new game is so rage-inducing. :p

Upvote 0
The thing is man, I don't WANT it to go the way of CoD. I love my bolt-action, but hate that the Assault rifles are so much better at the same job (or every job). I don't like the idea of every weapon being available for everyone (I truly loathe firefight). I just want there to be some kind of team balance. I think having just the SL's to have them would be best. Less than the 6 assault troops (because the abscence of MP-40's is depressing frankly), Nobody going Commander so they would have the best gun (almost an instant loss for the team) and No constant auto-win for Axis on Station (through walls at full auto is rough on indoor fighters).

Or even better, give the gun as an option to the "elite rifleman" class. Problem solved. Less Semi-auto's and less assault rifles in one fell swoop.

I feel EXACTLY the way you do. But, if it's gonna STAY this way, I don't always wanna be on the losing team fighting off the hordes with a peashooter in one hand and my ... well ... you know where I'm going.

Upvote 0
I don't ever think I've played a game where such perfection was demanded from such a small team in such a short time. It's a shame.

Perfection? What perfection? We just want what we were told we were buying. I don't get where you're coming from. You don't pay for a game when someone thinks of it. Are you saying that we're all shareholders, and we didn't by a game with our purchase price, but SHARES of TWI?

I will gladly pay you Tuesday, for a hamburger today ...

Upvote 0
I want what was promised in the previews : I want the high leveled players to be recognizable amongst others players, I want them to wear worn out clothes, I want them to look exhausted and hurt.
I want the heroes to look like total wrecks with the ability to handle special weapons and enemy weapons.
THAT WOULD BE LOGICAL.

cross%20of%20iron_coteb_article.bmp

That, is what a hero should look like

But according to Tripwire, the more you fight, the more you look fresh and have new shiny weapons.
According to tripwire, a man who has gone through hell for 6 months looks like this :
4d7edee51cbe751987893e331d44bt.jpg

This is so disappointing, it ruins the entire leveling system.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Truly the current situation is embarrassing and awkward. Personally I thank Sasquatch for posting even though he isn't exactly talking about the topic of this post. It must be extremely intimidating as a dev to talk in such a hostile environment.

It also seems that Sasquatch also has his disagreements with the direction of the game as far as its style. And I know that there is no possibility of the style of this game being changed. However, Sasquatch and other Dev's who feel that the style perhaps should of been different (I know there has to be more of you), I urge you to push for the inclusion of options that would allow us to alter the game play to suit a more realistic/historically accurate game style. Even if the game isn't how many of us envisioned, give us the options to make it more like we thought it would be.

As for those of you that feel that the fast paced/small map/close combat all the time type of game isn't for you, SUPPORT MOD TEAMS. Don't give Tripwire any more money, but instead invest it in mod teams that share the same vision of RO2 that you have.

As consumers, we should reward style choices that nurture the type of game play we enjoy. And we should withhold support for those that don't. That is the only way we as consumers can shape the gaming industry.

Upvote 0
Is it really so unfathomable to allow servers to customize different quotas on the amount of SMGs and autos? It just seems to me like that's the obvious, simple solution.

That way people who want to play on servers with historically accurate weapon compositions can do that, and others can go play Firefight with ALL STG teams or some nonsense.

Reactions: Couac
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.