• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some Generel Dislikes

Well to start of I'm really into the new game, it's everything I could dream of. However there are some nasty things I'd like to utter.

1. My avatar isnt able to move along the wall when im in the "firing-behind-cover-mode"
2. Too few tank models.
3. The VOIP ist gruesome, not by quality but by access. I have 2-3 Buttons each for there certain VOIP chat... the old solution was way better just having one talk key and skip through the different channels.
4. Can you explain - historical accuracy aside - why we can have a StG-44 and not a single MG42?
5. Limit the number of automatic and semi rifles if there are - lets say less than 10 player - it's like playing Vietcong or something like that everyone is running around with a special class hence everybody got some special rifle.
6. the stationary mg's are aircooled and in case of the mg34 only on a lafette, so why dont they overheat?
7. at least introduce a feature to leave the tank...
8. i have a p38 but not a 08 or t33?
9. bayonetts cant be taken of or on?
10. when throwing a nade germans and russians yell "nade" its definitly good to inform your enemy of dangerous material...
11. a missing option like in RO1 to switch to original languages english with a heavy german/russian accent is more like a shakespearian comedy experience than battle yells

now to the awsome point :)
being able to shot through wood
the accurcy of bolting, manual bolting reload after 1 shot... 1 catridge loaded, reload after bolting 2 catridges loaded :D
the tank crew can die in seperate ways
the squad leader and the commander are now needed, and that excludes the ability of artillery
range adjustable sights
the c96
even more atmospheric maps
bleeding
the last suicide seconds althoughs id like to switch to a grenade and take some with me :)
an awsome mature community
proper server browser
etc etc etc.

is it just me or you can't blindfire in a different direction? everytime I blindfire my weapon is automatically centered in the cover I am in.

they also need to fix the clipping through walls you can basically wallhack if you move too close to a wall while prone. last day I shot a guy through the wall in infirmary because his foot crossed the wall behind him and gave away his position.

Upvote 0
4. Can you explain - historical accuracy aside - why we can have a StG-44 and not a single MG42?

Easy to explain.

StG44s don't appear in the game. The predecessor Mkb42 does. It saw more combat than the MG42 because the MG42 did not make it into Stalingrad until very late 1942. The production dates were too late.

6. the stationary mg's are aircooled and in case of the mg34 only on a lafette, so why dont they overheat?

I am pretty sure the M1910 Maxim is water-cooled. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well to start of I'm really into the new game, it's everything I could dream of. However there are some nasty things I'd like to utter.

1. My avatar isnt able to move along the wall when im in the "firing-behind-cover-mode"

Not sure what you mean.... to walk along the cover and shoot or to shoot and move your aim?

2. Too few tank models.

More will be coming and will be free to download when they become available.... it takes Trip a long time to model all the exterior and especially the interior of the tanks, due to all the detail and animations. But more tanks will come.

3. The VOIP ist gruesome, not by quality but by access. I have 2-3 Buttons each for there certain VOIP chat... the old solution was way better just having one talk key and skip through the different channels.

The Mic does need a bit more improvement.

It's actually an MKB42, not an STG44..... and I think I heard talk of the MG42 possibly coming into the game later on as another free download..... but don't quote me on that.

5. Limit the number of automatic and semi rifles if there are - lets say less than 10 player - it's like playing Vietcong or something like that everyone is running around with a special class hence everybody got some special rifle.

I have no issues with the current weapon loadouts, but I won't be butthurt if they do reduce the amount of SMG's and Semi-Autos.

Both the MG34 and DP28 do over heat, but they take a little longer now compared to RO1. (oh, sorry I missed your "Stationary", never mind)

7. at least introduce a feature to leave the tank...

I'm not too sure on the details as to why they prevented people from tank jumping.... it could be because it's too complicated to make the animation for each player getting out of the tank and it'd look bad if people just appeared out of thin air like they did in RO1.

Tank jumping wasn't that big of a deal anyways, since they'd easily be gunned down by MG fire or HE rounds seconds after the jumped out.

8. i have a p38 but not a 08 or t33?

They're in the game, you just have to unlock them..... oh wait... remind me what the 08 is again? The T33 is in the game

9. bayonetts cant be taken of or on?

A number of people have issues with that.... I personally couldn't care either way if you can or can't as I always left mine on in both the Mod and RO1.

10. when throwing a nade germans and russians yell "nade" its definitly good to inform your enemy of dangerous material...

I haven't experienced this... it only happens to me when the grenade bounces back at me or when an enemy grenade comes at me..... when I throw one, my character never says anything. Sometimes if I lob one into a window and a team mate is in there, I'll hear them scream it.

11. a missing option like in RO1 to switch to original languages english with a heavy german/russian accent is more like a shakespearian comedy experience than battle yells

Could be an option later on in the game..... I think a few people found a way to change the config files that switched the voices, but I am not sure.

I prefer to understand what my team is saying, rather than trying to read text on the screen, which no longer shows up for most messages.

now to the awsome point :)
being able to shot through wood
the accurcy of bolting, manual bolting reload after 1 shot... 1 catridge loaded, reload after bolting 2 catridges loaded :D

Yes, I like this as well.

the tank crew can die in seperate ways

Agreed, I like this new feature as well.

the squad leader and the commander are now needed, and that excludes the ability of artillery

Agreed

range adjustable sights

Agreed

Agreed, I loved it in the mod

even more atmospheric maps

Indeed, they remind me more of what was in the mod, but even better.

Agreed

the last suicide seconds althoughs id like to switch to a grenade and take some with me :)

You mean the slow death? Yes I like it too.

an awsome mature community

Umm..... well...... :rolleyes:

proper server browser

It still needs a bit of work, as it doesn't always show you what's truly available.... but I like it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

If you mean slow death then you actually can. If you press backspace you drop your gun and switch to grenades. If you are fast enough you can remove the split, and hear it clink to the floor just as you die. Bit gamey perhaps, but it would not be too far fetched to believe someone actually did this in Stalingrad.

I actually haven't tried it with grenades, but I have done it with smoke grenades, just to force that enemy camper out from his hole or cover an open area for the teammates (the streets in Spartanovka for example).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Agree on most of them and will add some couple more

Protected zones that kill cappers on cap change, in fact just protected zones in general

Marathon distance spawn points, especially for the defending team, makes it impossible to get to a cap zone to defend

Being able to place Artillery on spawn points, dumb

A damage system that doesn't damage, just reduces health, might as well of put in a cod health bar

Hip fire to accurate, especially for the MG

Rcon plane, I mean how is the commander telling the troops where these spotted enemy are? Giant megaphone? they had no individual radio communication, only the commander should get this information or anyone near a radio

There are others, but that will do for now

Upvote 0