• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor 2 Megapost

I also want the Melee character to have a new ability, the ability to hook into an enemy with a crow bar, wrecking bar, or meat hook, to pull enemies off dying team mates so medics can heal them.

A wrecking bar is a heavier version of a crow bar with different shaped ends for hammering, wedging open, stabbing, pulling out nails, and often a sort of jaw or hook to grab boards and tear them off.

Upvote 0
Things I want:

Fire Bug:

Bonuses with the fire axe, 50% faster attacks, 100% better chance of criticals, 100% more critical damage.
Sorry, but it can't dualperk just like that unless there were two features on it (Like the L85A2+AG36, that one works)
And what on earth do you mean by critical damage? There is no such thing in this game called critical damage...

Dragons Breath shot gun rounds
Read on the Firebug weapon called "Sterling Incendiary" i made :)

Berserker:

Many more weapons including crow bars, wrecking bars, sledge hammers, golf clubs, baseball/cricket bats, nail pullers, steel pipes, shovels, hoes, and other tools and objects that can either be bought or found on certain maps depending on the setting of the map.

Sledge Hammer that does -300% slower attacks, but 300% more critical damage, and 100% better chance of critical damage for all characters, but more useful for the Berserker because of his perks.
All of those weapons, what would their niches be?
The only one i am thinking about is some kind of Sledge Hammer (or War Maul?) as a really slow and power melee weapon. It fills sort of a niche, being a blunt weapon.

Gun Slinger, and Sniper

Add more pistols for the Gun Sliner, but make one high end pistol for the sniper. Something longer range and high damage, maybe with a scope?
I have quite a few pistols for it already, but it is hard to add a pistol with a purpose on top of those that already are suggested. A scoped pistol/revolver is something i have been thinking of already, but it is hard to come up with a unique enough difference between the others.

Snipers perks should apply to ALL RIFLES SCOPED OR UNSCOPED, while used in single or burst mode, but NOT auto.
No. There is this thing called balance...

Medic:

The medic really needs some MPGs. I suggest the UMP45 or high soft target damage and the P90 for high fire rate, accuracy, and armor penetration. The UMP45 works great with lots of accessories can can have a total of 4 rails on it, it would be best to put a grip and a reflex site on it.
And how do they relate to healing?

Tranquilizer gun to calm down Flesh Pounders, Scrakes, and Gorefasts. It doesn't make them slow, it just makes them move at normal speed even when they're attacking. It has no other effects.
Dunno. Maybe. Maybe not. Could be some kind of weapon (like said tranquilizer) which disables a specimen's special power for a short while. That could work.

Blood Vial that can be thrown to distract the hordes, and sometimes Kevin (50% chance?)
The Blood Vials could work as the active perk power. Will add that later as an alternative :)

Drugs to get players moving faster when they've taken too much damage and there's no time to heal them.
Will look into that effect for the Healtag (it will keep you at your max speed even when low on health while under its healing effect for example). Good idea ^^

Paddles for a chance to revive fallen players, which lowers every 10 seconds the player remains dead.
Ain't no much reason to try and shock a player back to life who's been mauled to death by a Fleshpound is there? Or has his head exploded from a Siren?

I just thought about something yesterday.

If the berserker get throwable weapons. and medic get more guns.

Maybe it should be like that you can only buy weapons to your own perk.

In example means
In Tradertime, demo can only buy
- m32
- law
- m79
- pipes

and nothing else. but it can pick up weapons, like if a teamates drop you them. then there might be a increase in team play around trader time. and it might increase the importance of beeing early to the trader since they now will be standing and trading weapons and throw money to each other

And most important of all. the shop get more "tidy" and there might be more room for more weapons? :)

Sorry, but i'd HATE that restriction.

I also want the Melee character to have a new ability, the ability to hook into an enemy with a crow bar, wrecking bar, or meat hook, to pull enemies off dying team mates so medics can heal them.

A wrecking bar is a heavier version of a crow bar with different shaped ends for hammering, wedging open, stabbing, pulling out nails, and often a sort of jaw or hook to grab boards and tear them off.

Meh, better to just stun them or kill them if you are in range anyway. A chained weapon would be cool though i guess, but it'd require some more thought. Will think about further ideas for it ^^

Upvote 0
wow! I would pay for this getting implemented to the real thing. since i've seen most of these weapons added as mods and simular things :)

in my mgpack, i gave the medic a healing mg34, the support got mg42/browning 30cal, commando got a bar, bren, and fg42, and demo got a dp28.

i can add in the mauser c96, webley 455 revolver, and sterling smg.

:O
Sounds great! :D

Upvote 0
I'll just say one thing :p

watch
ORIGINAL WTF BOOM - YouTube

= me buy game :D

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
and what about a "KF2: Boxing apocalyps".

you got the london boxing gym crew, knocking out the ZEDS.

Mass numbers of Weapons:
-Bare Knuckles

Ability:
-Strenght
-speed
-stanima
-damage resistance

Special map:
-London Ring (Ho my Gosh ! Zeds come to spar with the boxers ! let's sparring!)
-Street fights (if a zed kill you, he steal your money! give me your money !)

Upvote 0
Health system suggestion

Health system suggestion

There are two kinds of wounds, critical injuries and flesh wounds.

Critical injuries are things that drastically reduce your performance. Tougher aim, worse recoil, less melee damage, slower movement, (maybe minor degeneration). These are caused by fleshpounds, scrakes, gorefasts on a good hard whack, and perhaps stalkers if they get you from behind. Healing critical injuries is much harder and takes a sort of healing gel to be applied (possible medic item) for it to heal swiftly. Regular healing needles will help, but not nearly as much.

Flesh wounds are the basic damage really. Inflicted by gorefasts, clots, husks, stalkers, crawlers, and heavy damage by bloats and sirens. If there are too many enemies with weaker attacks all hitting at once, they may cause a critical injury.
The effects,weight and price of healing gel are open to discussion.

Upvote 0
I still believe in a killing floor 2 which directly dont need to have diffrent guns. but diffrent game styles. like search and destroy. minibosses or well something else i remember good ideas up through the years. and just redo the zed skin making them look better and so on. :) just to make a benchmark today on killingfloor so we can still have our classics :) I like having the option playing the classics without getting too much hassel! and maybe give killing floor we have today the original KF aswell :)

Upvote 0
part of the health system change is simply to make the effects of endurance a little more of a factor. it think it should work fine if tuned properly.

I am noticing a lot of people asking for a minor nerf on zerker because he is a bit tanky, and yes, i will admit that people who know how to use him can be nearly unstoppable... SO, i am still in full support of blocking with weapons, but at the cost of a lower resistance to all damage. Or maybe (if my health system is considered) a lower effect from higher damages.
As a second thought, when i think of a berserker, i think reckless, fast, and overall uncaring and almost unnoticing of being hurt. Lots of people like to kite with the berserker which i dont think is a very "zerky" thing to do so maybe make it so that you have to have to be in the midst of combat to really be fully effective.
never cared much for panzy-zerkers anyway...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great.

Great.

I love the idea of the "Perk Power" to make it even more "unique" the perks.

I also like the new perk "Gunslinger".

But the Flare blaster, Mauser, M99, Riot Shield, M7A3, L85A2+AG36, Bren Gun, Bizon, Neopup, Kel-tech KSG, Nail Cannon w. Jackhammer, Sterling Incendiary and Taurus Raging Bull, they are very RIDICULOUS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0