• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapons on the ground now vanish between rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, even if you burned all your main weapon ammo, you still have a ton for the 9mm, which won't blast bigs, but even nonperked can waste crawlers, clots, gorefasts(decaps far away), bloats, stalkers, with just a few shots on HoE 6 man. Just let the team know you are out and what you are doing.

Knife will decap a clot or gorefast with one alt, unless it gets all glitchy and you have to stab the clot 15 times to get it to die, which I have had happen a lot, mainly with the regular swing, alt is more reliable.

You can also heal teammates.

Your addition to our brilliant friend Flux's quote of my quote was taken out of context. The original idea behind mine was that the 9mm and the knife do not suffice when by oneself, unless you are fortunate enough to be on a kiting map and have no time constraints.

Upvote 0
I have three level 6 perks. I have beaten half the maps on suicidal, and am working on HoE strategies. At no point in time have I needed to, nor felt like, hording weapons. Stop being wasteful with your ammunition and you'll do fine.

HINT: Have a berserker on your team. They save a LOT of ammo by killing all those scrakes.

Upvote 0
Your addition to our brilliant friend Flux's quote of my quote was taken out of context. The original idea behind mine was that the 9mm and the knife do not suffice when by oneself, unless you are fortunate enough to be on a kiting map and have no time constraints.

If this happens, nothing really is enough. I have stockpiled one or two guns in the 1400 hours I have played, with all manner of teammates, and I can't recall the number of times I've ran out of ammo with any class. I'll say probably less than 5. I had 4 teammates die as a support in a HoE game, and I was close at the end of the wave, but wasn't out.

I was bored and drinking the other night, and decided to see how long I could last as a commando in a HoE game on biotics without running out of main weapon ammo. I started wave 5 with full SCAR and AK. I finished wave 9 with one SCAR mag left, emptied an AK and a revolver and most of my SCAR ammo. I resupplied for wave 10. There were several overrun situations in that period where I had to do mag dumps as well, so I wasn't just sitting back firing a bullet now and then, I was actively doing my job as a commando.

The few times I stockpiled guns, it was like one or two extra AKs or a couple extra LARS, and it was mainly a luxury.

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
If this happens, nothing really is enough. I have stockpiled one or two guns in the 1400 hours I have played, with all manner of teammates, and I can't recall the number of times I've ran out of ammo with any class. I'll say probably less than 5. I had 4 teammates die as a support in a HoE game, and I was close at the end of the wave, but wasn't out.

I was bored and drinking the other night, and decided to see how long I could last as a commando in a HoE game on biotics without running out of main weapon ammo. I started wave 5 with full SCAR and AK. I finished wave 9 with one SCAR mag left, emptied an AK and a revolver and most of my SCAR ammo. I resupplied for wave 10. There were several overrun situations in that period where I had to do mag dumps as well, so I wasn't just sitting back firing a bullet now and then, I was actively doing my job as a commando.

The few times I stockpiled guns, it was like one or two extra AKs or a couple extra LARS, and it was mainly a luxury.

For more context, Rainy was facing down the central hallway on Bioticslab, so he was also doing the majority of the shooting. There was the occasional M79 nade that got fired at large groups and the Medic was supporting with MP5 or MP7 fire (or both). So if a commando can last 5 waves on Hell on Earth against a majority of the specimens, these crackpot "stockpile or wipe" opinions are pretty much garbage.

Upvote 0
I really dislike the weapon despawns at the start of each round. I personally think it hampers team play, particularly in HoE. I'll enumerate a couple scenarios:

1. Team mate joins and for whatever reason will not be able to reach the trader in time(this happens a lot on biohazard or filthscross). Before, this was just a matter of dropping a weapon down so that the new team member would be assured enough ammo for the wave and would be able to contribute through the entire wave. This no longer being possible, the team mate now becomes a liability to the entire team's survival.

This is why I nagged about having new joiners / resurrected players actually spawn at the currently selected trader. (making good use of the shop teleporters)

This would be very handy for many maps such as hospital horrors since its impossible to get into the roof trader in time

Upvote 0
Spoiler!
Haha, oh dear. I smell a Napoleon complex.

Look, mate. As morbidly amusing as your apparent narcissism is, you really aren't the special case you seem to believe you are. By the sound of it, you operate under the assumption that you're always right because you're you, and if anyone ever disagrees it's because they're inferior. Well, no; there is a hell of a lot of HoE experience between the lot of us in this thread, and we're all quite familiar with the typical public game experience, but many of us have drawn a different conclusion from it than you - most likely because we don't have a point to prove by winning every single game, and thus accept that sometimes the team has earned its defeat. If the team is full of noobs and collapses two minutes in, then why, we argue, should it succeed?

Upvote 0
Guns on the ground have more than one clip attached and that's unrealistic, which makes it cheating? Who cares about realism? Open your eyes, you're not fighting terrorists in this game mate.
The trader magically teleporting all over the place is unrealistic, do you use the trader?
The syringes and darts that instantly heal your team mates is unrealistic, do you use healing?
The idea of running around fighting infinite specimens of medical experiments that all came from one basement is unrealistic, do you play Killing Floor?
If you answered "yes" to any of the above you're a cheater. You're cheating at REALISM. Shame on you.

Going on about stockpiling guns being "cheating" and players who do it "don't deserve victories" just shows some people are far too emotionally invested in this game. Take a break guys. You need it.
Especially when you start declaring TWI considers things cheating when they've never said so. They never said killing yourself to drop weapons is cheating. And that would be a trivial fix - just make it so you don't drop a gun if you die between waves.

I don't stockpile guns and I don't kill myself to drop them. I do buy guns and throw them on the ground if someone joins 10 seconds before the wave starts though. It's a shame that's gone because that kind of cooperation is what this game is all about. That cooperative gameplay is what makes me buy Killing Floor for all my friends too.

Now in regards to why this change happened...

Look at the minimum specs for Killing Floor.
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Graphics: 64 MB DX9 Compliant
You can probably run Killing Floor on a Radeon 9550 which cost a whopping US$60 brand new in 2004.

Why are developers living in 2011 making compromises in their code so that it will run on ancient hardware? We're talking about hardware that's so old you could upgrade it significantly by dumpster diving. I've seen better hardware in PCs left on the side of the road for local verge waste collection days.

So instead of living in a time warp why don't you make a sequel, Tripwire? I'll pre order it. I'll buy it RIGHT NOW if you want to start a crowdfund site for it.

At least open a crowdfund project for the development of female skins and voice acting. And to make the trader sound like less of a "loose woman." Several chicks I LAN with play Killing Floor but have complained about those things.

Reactions: Mysion
Upvote 0

Now, I almost feel as if I am repeating myself. As I have stated multiple times before, the situations I speak of are circumstantial. Your biotics lab example is completely irrelevant to the context of which I refer. I couldn't give two ****s less about an awesome game you had where you survived five waves without an ammo refill. This game you alluded to has no pertinence to unfortunate game circumstances (noobs joining, trolls, lag etc etc), as I've already made VERY clear in my prior posts.

Just because you're privileged enough to consistently play organized games doesn't mean the rest of the community is. What about those people who enjoy the thrill of thinking on their feet, playing with new people, and never knowing what to expect? Keeping the game public and giving strangers the benefit of the doubt leaves the server very susceptible to a number of challenges you clearly are unfamiliar with. Should any of these challenges prove to numerous, should the game just end there? Just because three noobs joined too late on wave 8, all the effort you put in to get that far should be in vain, just for lack of ammo?

You can keep your irrelevant personal experiences to yourself. There is no applicable contribution you can make to oppose my argument, because none exists. And my point is that it shouldn't be that way. That, my friend, is sound logic. Familiarize yourself with the rest of the game, it helps when you actually hold the experience to reflect what you're talking about.

Upvote 0
Spoiler!

Haha, oh dear. I smell a Napoleon complex.

Look, mate. As morbidly amusing as your apparent narcissism is, you really aren't the special case you seem to believe you are. By the sound of it, you operate under the assumption that you're always right because you're you, and if anyone ever disagrees it's because they're inferior. Well, no; there is a hell of a lot of HoE experience between the lot of us in this thread, and we're all quite familiar with the typical public game experience, but many of us have drawn a different conclusion from it than you - most likely because we don't have a point to prove by winning every single game, and thus accept that sometimes the team has earned its defeat. If the team is full of noobs and collapses two minutes in, then why, we argue, should it succeed?

Defeat is for the weak. Those of us who are skilled and resourceful enough to survive lack only one thing, that being ammo. Unfortunate game events should not ruin the game for the rest of the team. Stockpiling is not cheating, nor is it any kind of exploit. It is merely a strategy for those of us who actually have a desire to obtain victory. If I'm in a game, I'm in it 100% and I will do everything it takes to beat the game, preferably with my team, but without it if need be.

Upvote 0
Now, I almost feel as if I am repeating myself. As I have stated multiple times before, the situations I speak of are circumstantial. Your biotics lab example is completely irrelevant to the context of which I refer. I couldn't give two ****s less about an awesome game you had where you survived five waves without an ammo refill. This game you alluded to has no pertinence to unfortunate game circumstances (noobs joining, trolls, lag etc etc), as I've already made VERY clear in my prior posts.

Just because you're privileged enough to consistently play organized games doesn't mean the rest of the community is. What about those people who enjoy the thrill of thinking on their feet, playing with new people, and never knowing what to expect? Keeping the game public and giving strangers the benefit of the doubt leaves the server very susceptible to a number of challenges you clearly are unfamiliar with. Should any of these challenges prove to numerous, should the game just end there? Just because three noobs joined too late on wave 8, all the effort you put in to get that far should be in vain, just for lack of ammo?

You can keep your irrelevant personal experiences to yourself. There is no applicable contribution you can make to oppose my argument, because none exists. And my point is that it shouldn't be that way. That, my friend, is sound logic. Familiarize yourself with the rest of the game, it helps when you actually hold the experience to reflect what you're talking about.

I have joined pubs, played with whole teams of n00bs, ect. I am very familiar with pretty much every challenge in KF. As for experience, I have been playing FPS games for close to 20 years, including 1500 hours in KF, so you can save that comment as well.

I've played with friends in Australia and the UK, so I am familiar with lag. I've played with griefers that trader blocked several waves in a row. I know what it is like to do a wave with a 9mm and knife, and survive by my skill and wits.

I have made plenty of contributions that oppose your arguments, over a wide variety of experiences. In 20 years of gaming, 15 of it online, I've probably experienced just about anything you could possibly think of.

I was playing shooters before most gamers today were sh1tting in diapers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.