• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Got sudden MAX volume in headset! -Beware

Reinstalled analog device

Reinstalled analog device

A few hour later my ears still feel like a mess. Hopefully they will be fine tomorrow.. I reinstalled my old soundcard and will use some analog headset again with good old manual analog sound controls. I will never use a USB/digital headset again!!

Software bugs can risk your hearing when using USB headsets apperantly!

Upvote 0
A few hour later my ears still feel like a mess. Hopefully they will be fine tomorrow.. I reinstalled my old soundcard and will use some analog headset again with good old manual analog sound controls. I will never use a USB/digital headset again!!

Software bugs can risk your hearing when using USB headsets apperantly!

If you sustain hearing loss I strongly suggest you sue every penny out of Tripwire. They deserve it.

Upvote 0
If you sustain hearing loss I strongly suggest you sue every penny out of Tripwire. They deserve it.
Yea, because they're so freaking rich, not working on it, and we can already blame it on TWI.

I know it's freaking scary (I'm playing with headphone only because there's neighbours, I'm concerned too).

However...

What would happen if the drivers were not respecting a specification ?

What would happen if XAudio2 is responsible for that ?

What about the headset/soundcard manufacturer not preventing such volume signal on a headset ?

Suing the most visible company is just dumb, you have to track down the real responsibles, otherwise you're just exploiting the judiciary system for some personal revenge and/or money.

Upvote 0