• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Dammage

There should be no teleporter where you are pointing in the first shot.:confused: What do you mean with stack? Do enemies get stuck here a bit?
I'll take a closer look at both places. And I'll check the dysfunctional zombievolumes too.

Thanks a lot, Z-MAN!

Now, if someone could help me out with the .log because I can't make any sense of it. I googled and found out it's a garbage collection issue, like you said, and I roughly read up what garbage collection is and how the UnrealEngine does it, but I can't for the life of me draw ANY connection to me or my map whatsoever. I don't know what's wrong and I don't know how to fix it.:(

Upvote 0
Ok. It seems like the rebuild moved my Teleporter up. It did this before. I'll fix it for the next release. This means there can be no enemies on the lower side of the dam right? This is of course not intentional and will be fixed as soon as possible.

EDIT: I'm uploading V2b now which has the teleporters fixed and the zombievolumes should work now too. Their Pivot wasn't placed properly.

I haven't had enough time to fix the place near the railings in your shot. They should be able to get out though, even if they are bunched up a bit so it's not gamebreaking. I'll look into it though!

There we go. The upload is finished, here is the quickfix:
http://www.filefront.com/14511279/KF-DammageV2b.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/278631815/KF-DammageV2b.rar

If you find more problems and/or you can explain the crash-log to me, please post! Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Im in love with your third screens. ;)
I quickly tried the 1st version, and I have some feedback for you.
That's only my opinion :
Look your first screens : I think thats really difficult to see where is the path end.
The visibility of the path could be better in the interior building with a rail or somehting like that (with a saturated color.)
Some signs could be great to suggest the life. (in KF-Foundry you have some interesting signs). I think that's always fun to have some original and humoristic sign. You can check cgtextures for that.
Signs are really cool in a level, because that's adds some color saturation points. The better exemple for this concept, is to see valve's games. Viktor Antonov (DA on hl

Last edited:
Upvote 0
part of the log

ScriptLog: START MATCH
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence ''' not found for mesh 'Shotgun_Trip'
NetComeGo: Open myLevel 09/12/09 12:59:39 94.251.65.163:2907
ScriptLog: New Player ->RUS<-Vicont4063 id=76561200262449468
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection 79.105.254.186:12775 09/12/09 12:59:43
NetComeGo: Open myLevel 09/12/09 12:59:43 79.105.254.186:12775
NetComeGo: Open myLevel 09/12/09 12:59:54 79.105.254.186:17818
Log: STEAMAUTH : Sending updated server details - KF v1006 5 | 30
ScriptLog: KF-DammageV2b.KFTeleporter3 Teleport failed for KF-DammageV2b.ZombieClot
ScriptLog: KF-DammageV2b.KFTeleporter3 Teleport failed for KF-DammageV2b.ZombieClot
Warning: ZombieClot KF-DammageV2b.ZombieClot (Function KFMod.KFMonster.RemoveHead:0085) Accessed None 'Controller'
Warning: ZombieClot KF-DammageV2b.ZombieClot (Function KFMod.KFMonster.RemoveHead:008D) Attempt to assign variable through None
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection 87.110.96.37:62535 09/12/09 13:00:40
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection 79.104.220.216:1281 09/12/09 13:00:42
Warning: ZombieClot KF-DammageV2b.ZombieClot (Function KFMod.KFMonster.RemoveHead:0085) Accessed None 'Controller'
Warning: ZombieClot KF-DammageV2b.ZombieClot (Function KFMod.KFMonster.RemoveHead:008D) Attempt to assign variable through None
ScriptLog: KF-DammageV2b.KFTeleporter3 Teleport failed for KF-DammageV2b.ZombieBloat
Error: xWebQueryCurrent Package.UTServerAdmin.xWebQueryCurrent (Function xWebAdmin.xWebQueryCurrent.QueryCurrentPlayers:09EE) Accessed array 'Settings' out of bounds (-1/49)
Log: STEAMAUTH : Sending updated server details - KF v1006 5 | 30
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection 200.56.188.115:2110 09/12/09 13:01:32
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection 172.19.31.72:3190 09/12/09 13:01:42
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'DeathF' not found for mesh 'Civilian1_Soldier'
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'HitF_Dual9mmm' not found for mesh 'british_soldier_III'
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'HitF_Dual9mmm' not found for mesh 'british_soldier_III'
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'DeathB' not found for mesh 'british_soldier_III'
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'DeathB' not found for mesh 'foundry1_soldier'
Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'DeathF' not found for mesh 'horzine_trooper'
ScriptLog: ProcessServerTravel: KF-Meow?Game=KFMod.KFGameType
ScriptLog: PreClientTravel
Log: Server switch level: KF-Meow?Game=KFMod.KFGameType
Log: Browse: KF-Meow?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Corporal_Lewis?team=1?Sex=M?Game=KFMod.KFGameType?VACSecured=False?MaxPlayers=30?log=server.log?mutator=?Name=
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection 87.110.96.37:62536 09/12/09 13:02:33
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection 79.104.220.216:1314 09/12/09 13:02:33
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection 172.19.31.72:3198 09/12/09 13:02:33
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection 94.251.65.163:2908 09/12/09 13:02:33
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection 92.127.224.246:3199 09/12/09 13:02:33
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection 200.56.188.115:2113 09/12/09 13:02:33
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection 94.251.65.163:2907 09/12/09 13:02:33
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection 79.105.254.186:12775 09/12/09 13:02:33
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection 79.105.254.186:17818 09/12/09 13:02:33
Exit: Socket shut down
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Critical: UObject::GetPathName
Critical: UObject::GetFullName
Critical: DispatchDestroy
Critical: UObject::GetFullName
Critical: DispatchDestroys
Critical: UObject::purgeGarbage
Critical: UObject::CollectGarbage
Critical: Cleanup
Critical: UGameEngine::LoadMap
Critical: LocalMapURL
Critical: UGameEngine::Browse
Critical: ServerTravel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: Level KF-Meow
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: UServerCommandlet::Main
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting.
Log: FileManager: Reading 31 GByte 32859 MByte 33555065 KByte 165 Bytes from HD took 68.869249 seconds (68.219254 reading, 0.649995 seeking).
Log: FileManager: 112.299011 seconds spent with misc. duties
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 09/12/09 13:02:34

:(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
this is what i call a unique map.

+great look and architecture.
+great lightning. its always a good tension to have to fight for ur live on a sunny day. good athmo.
+very unique style in spawning zombies. this should be part of the little story every map has. for example: u awake on this dam. u dont know what this is all about until u realise u are a guinea pig i a sick horizon experiment. with the fences secured with 5000 amp current the only one way out is through.
this idea could be a base for the small objects dam dam suggest. corpses and traces of fights from former contestants should give some possibilities.

heres some minor downs:

-add borders. its a lot of work but it will please the eye very much:)

-the falling rocks. if in a random interval of 10 to 15 seconds one single rock in a random location falls its cool. its like: did u see that? what? the falling rock...! no, u must be dreaming...
in the monent its like: why the hell are these rocks falling all the time?

-the ladder in the middle of the dam connecting the first and the second floor is unclimbable. thats ok. but point out its not for climbing. make it broken. otherwise player try to climb down and get hurt or die and feel like someone (you) has taken them for a ride...

other than that i like that map very much
keep up the good work

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the extensive feedback and for taking the time to post screenshots! I will address those issues in the next version.

EDIT: I added borders for the steps where your screenshot had the red line. The area in your lower pic will most likely not get a border because I feel like this can exist like that in real-life without an additional border, however I will add railings everywhere where this texture ends in the air at the moment, which should be a good compromise. I'm looking forward to hearing your opinion on it when V3 is out.

I also added some various smaller decorations that aren't worth mentioning individually, a sky with moving clouds and I toned down the tumbling stones to about a 1/5 or 1/7 depending on the location.
The dust the helicopter throw up when they fly over the map was greatly reduced now as well because I heard that on lower-end graphics card it would slow down uncomfortably whenever a chopper passed over the map.

I'm also taking DamDam's advice at the moment and I'm adding a few signs into the map. The collums of the dam are now numbered in big white letters and a few warning signs will follow as well.
The teleporters have been tweaked again, but I'm not 100% there yet. Some especially sneaky ZEDs still slip through the net although it shouldn't be possible anymore. But in the words of George Bush "We're gon' get 'em."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As for the water, the screenshots are pretty dark and I can't make out a lot on them. Could you, maybe, describe in words what you want to see in my water? Reflections? 3d movements? Ripples?
I agree that screenshots are not able to convey the dynamic behavior of water. So I gave a link to the map itself, what would you could see yourself... Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with UnrealEditor so I can't imagine how it is implemented (prerender reflection of the environment in the water, ripples on the water surface, agitated waters of the shots and movements of monsters). KF-Gothic
It will be nice to see everything that you describe: reflection of the sky and the environment on the surface of rapidly running water.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is frustrating almost to the point that it makes me cry. For weeks I've been doing almost nothing on this level than fix stuff that shouldn't have been a problem in the first place.
I even have fail-safe teleporters below the level in case ZEDs fall through but some just walk around in those teleporters as if they weren't even there. So I built movers that dip them in and out of the teleporters so they finally get teleported into the level again and not even that works 100%.
It's like there is a problem that can't possibly exist, then I build a fail-safe device to fix it although it shouldn't need fixing and than the fail-safe device is bugged too. So I fix it with another fail-safe device that should work 100% but it doesn't.

And what does the player see of this effort? "Hey, Murphy, ZEDs get stuck here and here. Do something, this map is unplayable!" So, back into the editor, continuing fixing something that makes no sense to be broken.
:(

I will try to make a conplete overhaul of my fail-safe system in the back of the map now. Should take a while but maybe it works better that way.
WAAAAAAGH! *tears-head-out*

Upvote 0