• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gameplay has turned into a campfest...

Whatever you all say, rifle and smg combat just seemed more realistic in RO1. Real gunfights and fire exchanges no longer exist in RO2. I miss the sound of bullets impacting all around me, now they just hit me straight away. Nobody uses supression because it easier to just wait till they stick their head up and pop them because the aimbot everybody has today. I used alot of suppressing the enemy in RO1, now I don't bother because I risk getting my head blown off.

Upvote 0
CoD is the most realistic game ever.

6a00d8341ce22f53ef011168c500d4970c-800wi

Upvote 0
Whatever you all say, rifle and smg combat just seemed more realistic in RO1. Real gunfights and fire exchanges no longer exist in RO2. I miss the sound of bullets impacting all around me, now they just hit me straight away. Nobody uses supression because it easier to just wait till they stick their head up and pop them because the aimbot everybody has today. I used alot of suppressing the enemy in RO1, now I don't bother because I risk getting my head blown off.

Seemed more realistic to you. The problem here is that your vision of "realistic" gunfights of WW2 is inaccurate. People used covers and crawl on the ground extensively because in actual combat, if your head sticks out in the open too long it got you shot at.

It's so hilarious some RO1 vets thinking the scare show of missing bullets in that game was somehow realistic.

Upvote 0

Just wait for a map with 250, 300+ meters engagements. It will be nice and people will miss like crazy.

With the ranges right now it is easy to shoot, so you need to be even more tactical than in RO:OST regarding positioning and knowing where the enemies are.

I think two underused features that RO2 have is the cover peek and blind firing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Campfest? where?

Oh right.. theres the campers *Grins* All over the place. I love campers <3 especially flushing them out with my nagant bayonet or with a beloved ppsh.

I never knew of the spoiler tag. I'll use it from now on. Thanks :)

As for the SS... nice one! I bet none of them knew you were there until you were firing.

Campers, please note the various ranges these guys were killed from. If he's moving he can get wherever he needs to be to take you out. If you are camping, you have to wait for him to move where you want him.

Are you surprised he wins?

Don't blame the weapons or the mechanics. He has the same limitations you do. You are not gimped. You CAN defeat him if you're a little smarter about it.

Reactions: Joseph-Porta
Upvote 0
Well, It seems everybody is happy with this kind of gameplay closer to CoD standards, maybe it's more familiar to them, although it seems a little bit too easy to me, (like I said before either by camping or being aggressive I can always get 1-3 onm the leaderboard and get about 30-40 kills a game). It's not about the tactic I use, it's about the kills I get, I don't know if every ww2 soldier had 20-30 kills each mission? I just find it too damn easy to shoot and get kills in this game that's it. we can play together if you don't believe me.

Also I've been saying it a lot of times, this is not about realism or anything else it's about the gameplay (karmakazeNZ reread my posts) I never said it wasn't realistic I said it wasn't fun or challenging.

You may be right though, you may be able to shoot accuractly with a bullet in your body at 60-80 meters away (I am willing to test this if you volunteer), you may be able to run 20 meters and stab a guy that shoots his semi-auto rifle at you (also willing to test this with you, since you seem to be a trained soldier).

But still if you think RO:HOS is fun because it's super realistic and you enjoy the gameplay then there's little to discuss I fear.

PS: it's not bout how I play, it's how everyone plays, you can shoot a bullet in the camping spots and be 90% sure to get someone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You may be right though, you may be able to shoot accuractly with a bullet in your body at 60-80 meters away (I am willing to test this if you volunteer), you may be able to run 20 meters and stab a guy that shoots his semi-auto rifle at you (also willing to test this with you, since you seem to be a trained soldier).

Way to make strawmen arguments... Nobody said bandaging and wound system in this game was realistic. And as for the semi auto rifle guy, if the guy sucks at aiming and misses, then what's wrong with him getting stabbed? If his aim is decent and lands a shot, the running guy will die and nobody here is arguing against such outcome. So why are you making these silly examples?

Upvote 0
the problem i've found is.
Its not fun to camp.
and its frustrating to run in and get picked off.
I can't seem to find any middle ground.

For whatever reason, this wasn't an issue in RO1 at all.
Maybe because of RO2's increased weapon accuracy/zoom?

Its fun to crawl around in Fallen heroes/fighters whatever that maps called.
but pretty much every other map is so claustrophobic it just doesnt work

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think a great deal of the kills can be attributed to people playing the game poorly... throw those same people in ROOST with you and you will dominate for sure.

Shooting was easy on RO1, except with the smgs that kicked like crazy, the hard part was that the firefights were done at pixel hunt distances ~100 meters. Now that the pixel hunt is raised to 200+ meters and the maps doesnt have this average engagement distance it will be easier than RO1 for sure.

Upvote 0
I dunno what you guys are talking about when you call these map claustrophobic. The sense of claustrophobia comes from the paranoia of knowing someone is out there trying to blow your head off. Compared to other shooters, RO2's maps are huge. There are whole areas of the map people never use because they're so far off the points, perfect for flanking.

Red Oktober comes to mind. The whole Russian right (German left) flank has nothing in it in terms of objectives, but tons of places to advance through cover or flank the Russian advance. It's not until you get all the way to the other end of that map that you're really exposed to German strong points.

Spartanovka has at least 5 ways to go (mid, mid left, far left, mid right, far right) and they offer different kinds of cover (or none at all. Ruins vs. open ground vs. whole buildings.

Upvote 0
can't see where the game is more a campfest than a half way authentic shooter would be

if u want to rush in all the time jump around and shooting people while strafing then play quake or counterstrike or something

there is no point running around with a bolt weapon like K98 giving headshoots while running

and its kind of teamplay to lay down to protect the path of assault type guys
thats what made RO1 great to move/crawl careful forward or to protect the path of ur team to do so

when ever than it is still to rush like cos of to accurate automatic weapons

Upvote 0