• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] MKB sound issue?

11_HARLEY_11

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2010
For me the MKB, when someone is firing nearby, distorts terribly. But doesn't happen if I'm firing it.
Is anyone else getting this? Or could this be my onboard Realtek sound not handling the additional sound file since the weapon was introduced.

Just need to know if its a bug or should I get a soundcard?

cheers

I get this issue on both my onboard Realtek audio, and my Audigy 2. It gets very staticy for me and makes it unplayable with headphones (it's that bad)

I also get strange echo'y sound effects sometimes, not sure if this is a filter or a glitch, but it sounds like they are echoing through a sewer, very strange and I don't believe intended.

Upvote 0
I just registered to post about this same issue. As others have stated, the MKB sound distorts horribly when fired by others. It's a terribly bad crackling/crunching noise. I do not have this issue when I fire the gun myself.

Despite the other bugs/crashes that we've played through the beta and now in the released game, I never felt the need to post on the forums until this issue came up. I'm not sure about others, but this is a very disruptive issue for me, because one of the things I love most about the game is the excellent sound. I've been incredibly impressed with all of the sound effects and music since the beta first came out, so you can understand how troubling it is when the MKB was released and this horrible sound completely ruins the sense of immersion whenever someone fires this weapon (which is pretty much constantly).

Love the game but I just wanted to provide my feedback on this issue and offer that I feel it should be given priority if possible, because at least for me it is fairly game-breaking. Even if you were to temporarily replace the sound with a placeholder from an existing non-broken weapon sound, that would be far preferable to leaving it in the game as it is now.

Thanks TW for all your work!

Upvote 0
I get this issue on both my onboard Realtek audio, and my Audigy 2. It gets very staticy for me and makes it unplayable with headphones (it's that bad)

I also get strange echo'y sound effects sometimes, not sure if this is a filter or a glitch, but it sounds like they are echoing through a sewer, very strange and I don't believe intended.

Same here, haven't tried my onboard audio but it keeps happening on a Creative X Fi Xtreme Audio card.

Upvote 0

Same here, using a Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio card.

Upvote 0
I had in the first version of the beta some problems with the stationary Russian MG and the Anti Tank rifles, sounded distorted, made a topic and a thread about it, a patch fixed those sounds, but when i heard the MKB42 firing from up close yesterday i heard this distortion as well...

Here is a video of the distortion, but from the weapons i talked about before:

audio bug RO2 - YouTube

Upvote 0